DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
Ranked #60 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Well, it's a Double Tree in a major city....it was exactly as I thought. A nice corporate hotel with some local twists. The added surprise for me was the attached Starbucks. I think there is a bike rental at the hotel. If I only knew...

The most important aspect of this hotel is its proximity to Amsterdam Central. It's one block away. On the other hand, all the great things to do are only 5 minutes away. If you're looking for a good compromise of being close to all things great Amsterdam, not in the middle of the crazies, and being as close as it gets to the ACC. Stay here.

Room Tip: There is a club/lounge upstairs....action.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Great to read that the hotel met your expectations! I am glad you have enjoyed our facilities and I am sorry for not having informed you enough about the bike rental at the hotel. Thank you very much for sharing your experiences!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We had a very good stay. The staff were incredibly welcoming and extended the 2 free breakfasts that came with our executive rooms to cover our whole party of 4. Great views on the canal and really close to central station.

Room Tip: We had a rom with a canal view which was great.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Thank you very much for these comments! It is great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. Hopefully we can welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

I am a diamond member and tried to check-in early to find that it was impossible. They asked my to pay 40 euros and they can give me a room early. Small rooms, noisy, hard beds the only good thing was the breakfast, they have a good selection. Location is good. I'm going back this weekend to a different Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Randy R
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

I am very sorry to hear that your stay in our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are trying to contact you personally, with the contact details we have from your profile. Thank you for sharing your experiences and hopefully we are able to get in touch with you soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Good variant for business trip. railway-station is very close and it's comfortable for those who travel by train or go from the airport by train.not far from center and all places are close.Very comfortable conference rooms

• Stayed: March 2014

It is really nice to hear your compliments about the conference rooms, thank you very much! It is good that you have enjoyed your trip in our hotel and that the location was convenient for you! Thank you.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Stayed several times in this hotel last year. Each and every time I receive what I expected and even more! Recently friends visited the hotel as well (on my advise), and they were as satisfied as me. So if you need a great hotel, centrally located in Amsterdam, stop searching, book Double Tree

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for being loyal to our hotel. It is great to hear that you always receive what you are expecting and even more! Thank you for recommending us and hopefully we can welcome you soon again!

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a cozy little hotel to convey the Dutch atmosphere, then this isn't a place to book. It's a huge hotel and it's a modern hotel which really stands out when you look towards the Central Station. Personally, this did the trick for me. The hotel had all the comfort I could wish for - with a few exceptions I will set out below.
I had a single room and it had more than enough space for one person and the luggage, the wardrobe is alright, the ironing facilities were very welcome and if you have a room on the canal, you won't even know how close the station is. The tea and coffee facilities I discovered in a drawer were a really nice surprise, even if I didn't use them and it was great to have an iMac in the room to supply for TV and computer needs. The bathroom was ridiculously small but I admit that the space was organized really efficiently and the shower didn't feel as crowded as it looked from the outside (bonus point for no leaks under the door). Look out for slippers, bathrobe and drier in the wardrobe and if you need a shower cap, don't be afraid to call the reception desk. They are kind and accommodating to one's needs, from matters regarding your room and your stay, to offering directions and answering touristic questions.
Thr breakfast might just be one of the richest varieties I have seen so far but I can't comment on the value for money because it was included in the room price. The sushi was a fantastic surprise, especially since it seemed to be there every morning and I personally appreciated the pastry and sweets selection and the fact that the entire focus wasn't on providing omlette and sides for it, as many other hotels do.
Decent distance from the old town/redlight/china town/commercial area.
On the minus side:
- lighting in the room: the windows are huge and everything is great if the curtains are pulled. But if you need to draw the curtains, then you have to make do between four lamps which provide barely enough light. One main light in the bedroom area would be nice. Also it would have been nice if the bedside lamps could be dimmed - far too powerful if you wanted to leave one on in the night.
- checking in: not fond of their check in only and only after 3 pm rule and having to pay extra to get a room early, even if they obviously have empty rooms to offer. Considering I was on a three hour flight and needed to change and freshen up before a business meeting, there was little choice for me on saying yes or no to the extra fee. I really can't see why you can't have a room earlier if it is obviously empty and ready to be used.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you very much for the very nice comments about the hotel. It makes me happy to read that you really liked the breakfast in the hotel and that you could easily visit all the attractions of Amsterdam from the hotel. Good to read that the staff helped you with your request and gave you nice recommendations during your stay. Thank you for your feedback about the lighting in the room, we take this complaint serious and will have a look at the lighting in the rooms. Concerning the early check-in fee, our hotel offers a priority cleaning service for early arrivals allowing guests to enjoy the comfort of their room from the morning already, adding the day to the reserved period at a surcharge of EUR 40. As this in additional service there is an extra charge for this.. Again thank you very much for sharing your comments and hopefully we can welcome you again one day!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My friends and I stayed for 2 nights for my birthday. On the night of my birthday the hotel were kind enough to bring me wine and chocolate with a birthday card! We had drinks in the sky lounge which was very impressive.
Breakfast buffet in the city cafe is quite pricey however it's worth paying for for the amount of variety and quality of food, the same for the dinner is expensive yet the whole dining experience makes it worth while.
Nothing was too much for any of the staff, I will definitely be staying here for my future visits to Amsterdam.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Great to read that you had a really nice birthday in our hotel!! Thank you for the compliments about the SkyLounge, breakfast and dinner in the hotel, it is really nice to hear that you have enjoyed these. We would be pleased to welcome you again anytime you are visiting Amsterdam again!