DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
$379
$764
$349
  • Restaurant
NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$329
$293
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel The Exchange(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$310
$289
$250
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$215
$188
Hilton Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$469
Cancelon
  • Room Service
7,480 results
All reviewssky loungethe executive loungedouble treewarm cookiesapple tvgreat locationrooftop barguest servicestrain trackscity viewfloor to ceiling windowstop floormodern hotelriver cruiseexcellent hotelamsterdam centraalearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 1, 2014

When ever I am in Amsterdam I refuse to stay anywhere but this place the service is impeccable ,safe and secure surroundings Apple Mac in your room looking out onto the best city in Europe ,also not overly priced for its location

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Topjock
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words!

I am happy to read you enjoy your stay with us over and over again. We are already looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We really, really enjoyed our stay at DoubleTree Hilton. The location of this hotel is fabulous.
We travelled early December, for my wife's birthday. We arrived late on a Friday night, and were met by a very friendly, helpful receptionist - and a warm cookie of course. When they used our passports for check-in they realised it was her birthday, and upgraded us to a city view room :) Hurray!

The room was really nice, yes a little small maybe, but when you're in Amsterdam it's really just there to sleep and wash in. The room is very modern, very clean, iMac in the bedroom which was really helpful for using the internet in the evening to plan out the next day. NB: Don't pay more for 'free wifi' through certain websites which I've seen offer this when you're booking, the wifi is free anyway and so is the internet through the iMac.

Our only issue with the room was the bed. It seemed to dip in the centre, and we both began to realise that we were waking up very stiff and achy. Towards the end of the holiday we ended up top to toe so that I was lying on a less dipped part of the bed. Reading reviews on here after our holiday and seeing somebody else mention an uncomfortable bed, and the hotel's response - I suspect we should have told front desk and something may have been changed.

Apart from this, we loved staying at the DoubleTree. The location is fantastic for the Centraal station and the train to and from the airport (we got a taxi on the first night which was 40euros), but train back to the airport and it was really easy. The location is also great for the trams and there are loads of restaurants etc in the area.
On that note, we didn't order breakfast, which while it looked good, there is a Starbucks underneath the hotel as well as loads of cafes over the road where you can get a full cooked breakfast for a couple of euros.

Thanks for a fantastic stay, DoubleTree.

Room Tip: Ask for a 'quiet room', or rooms with a city view - not over the railway.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate_RB_321

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback!

I am naturally pleased to read we were able to make your wife's birthday special by upgrading you to a room overlooking the city.

It is unfortunate to hear you did not find the bed comfortable. As you mention yourself already, please contact one of my colleagues at the Front Desk in the future to find a solution.

Furthermore it is great to read you enjoyed your stay! We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very convinient, just besides the central train stations. Which can be reached directly from airport. Be careful when you walk out, as the main entrance of the hotel is at the side.

We were welcome with warm baked cookie on a cool night. Their room are big and comfortable. I had good rest the first night. But it was waken but noisy with foot steps from level above.

Sky lounge had wonderful view of Amsterdam skyline. Luckily I discover it before I left. Overall my stay is satisfied.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WoanLing

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with other travellers!

I am happy to read you enjoyed the location of the hotel as well as the view from our SkyLounge.

We hope to see you soon again,

Reviewed January 1, 2014

The property is centrally located and just minutes from Centraal Station. The room and bathroom were very modern and spacious, and the Mac computer was a nice touch. And did I mention the Starbucks downstairs? Nice. And finally, the service is lovely.

The only complaint is the 40 euro fee we were charge for checking in at 8:30 in the morning. I understand companies want to generate extra revenue but I find it tacky for 4-star hotel to charge its guests a fee for checking in a bit early.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, we greatly appreciate it!

Regarding your feedback about the Early Check-in fee: Please note that in our hotel the check in time is 15:00u. We guarantee all arriving guests a room at this time and in order to be able to do this we are dependent on the check-out time of the guests leaving the hotel. As this is 12:00u our housekeeping department is very busy between 12:00u and 15:00u. We offer a prioritised cleaning service however this comes at a surcharge of €40.00 per room.

Furthermore it is great to hear you enjoyed the room, Imac, Starbucks and location of the hotel. I am also very pleased to read you describe our service as lovely. I will make sure to share your nice comments with all relevant departments!

We are already looking forward to welcoming you in the near future,

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Overprized and totally wannabe - wants to be luxurious and posh, but service is not impressive, rooms are small and even internet/phone connectivity are not working properly... neuer ever going there again!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank 150Eva

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

I am sorry to read your recent stay with us did not meet your expectations. I hope you will give us the chance to welcome you back in our hotel to offer you our high level of service.