DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
$367
Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$379
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
$238
$1,139
$496
  • Pool
7,479 results
All reviewssky loungethe executive loungedouble treewarm cookiesapple tvgreat locationrooftop barguest servicestrain trackscity viewfloor to ceiling windowstop floormodern hotelriver cruiseexcellent hotelamsterdam centraalearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2013

After reading some reviews about it being noises due to the trains going past I was bait wares of staying here. When we got there the hotel and our room was stunning. All staff are very helpful and welcoming. The food is a bit posh for me, but the food I did eat was lovely. I would highly recommend this hotel, it is only a short walk away from Dam square, other restraints and cafes and main attractions

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Extremely gratefull for the fact that you decided to stay with us, even after you initially had some doubts. That makes your review being worth even more.

Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Excellent staff. Could not fault them. Really made to feel welcome and breakfast was a treat with no problem being served or seen too.
Room was a city suite and although nice it was lacking something but can't put my finger on it. Maybe trying to look to modern? Anyway, bed was fab and location couldn't be faulted. Roof top bar was great. Drink are expensive but you don't really mind as the service and views are top notch. We booked quite early so got a good rate. Would go back again

• Stayed: January 2013

Thanks a lot for your encouraging words and recommendation. We are looking forward to welcoming you back. And once you found the detail in the suite we can improve, definitely let me know!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I travel to Amsterdam regularly on business and thought I would try this Hilton for a change based on the recommendations. For me, it did not quite live up to the hype. I managed to bag myself a city facing room which was a plus but I thought the room was a little soulless and without character. Perhaps that is down to my age! The shower was great and the room was comfortable but the furnishings looked like they had come straight from IKEA. (maybe I am missing the point).
The corridors made me geel like I was in a modern office block and were a bit like a rabbit warren.
The choice of food for the evening was a little limited and seemed to be the same for all three bars/restaurants and room service. Perhaps a little variety of choice between the three might help.
Breakfast was very good and the service was also very good as was the welcome at reception.
I am glad I tried it but on balance I would possibly try elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for City facing room to avoid the noise from the trains.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank macthevoice
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Highly appreciate your review and kind words about our service and welcome. If you're looking for a bit less contemporary feel, may I suggest to try our other hotel, Hilton Amsterdam, upon your next visit?
We do offer different menu's in our different restaurants and bars. I'll definitely investigate why this didn't seem to be the case during your stay.
Thanks once again for your comments. Hope to welcome you back in any of our hotels soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Very modern hotel with friendly,efficient ,and helpfull staff.Executive Queen Rooms are spacious ,confortable and modern.Our rooms faced the front with very nice views.The Sky Lounge has amazing views and friendly staff.Breakfast was great .This is the best location if you need access to Central Station.Walking distance to main Canal Bus,restaurants,pubs,shopping,and main attractions.FREE WI-FI.Is a wonderful hotel,definitely recomended for a great stay if you can afford it.

Room Tip: Executive Queen Rooms without balcony are more spacious and less expensive
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for recommending us for our service and convenient location. Indeed executive rooms offer guaranteed views over the city with complimentary breakfast and minibar.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We arrived and had a quick and friendly check in. The warm Hilton cookie added an inch to my waistline but is a nice touch.
We were out all day at the hospitality show but our return in the evening to the hotel gave us time to explore the Skybar. Fantastic views over the city! We spent a pleasant hour or two drinking, snacking and enjoying the view. Good friendly service and I tried a lovely flavoured beer.
The room is spacious, clean and has everything you need including a MAC with free web access. Unfortunately though my key board had a few faults with some of the keys. I rang down to inform reception and was told they would change it in the morning. Not much use to me! 5 minutes later I got a call saying a new key board was on its way up to me. Top marks for recovery! I managed to get my emails done so happy again. I think that I would be typing a different message if they had not recovered and got me a key board. Well done to whoever made that decision.
I had forgotten my razor, rang down to reception again and within 3 minutes there was a knock at the door and there was a razor and shaving foam for me.
Breakfast was a large buffet with plenty of hot and cold food to eat. It is in fact just as you would expect from this type of hotel. A quick check out and we waved goodbye to an excellent city centre hotel that offers exceptional customer service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank CrispinBournemouth
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Eternally gratefull for your 5 star review! I'll make sure you're compliments are passed on to the team member brining up the keyboard to your room.