“A one night stay.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #57 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Bournemouth
“A one night stay.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

We arrived and had a quick and friendly check in. The warm Hilton cookie added an inch to my waistline but is a nice touch.
We were out all day at the hospitality show but our return in the evening to the hotel gave us time to explore the Skybar. Fantastic views over the city! We spent a pleasant hour or two drinking, snacking and enjoying the view. Good friendly service and I tried a lovely flavoured beer.
The room is spacious, clean and has everything you need including a MAC with free web access. Unfortunately though my key board had a few faults with some of the keys. I rang down to inform reception and was told they would change it in the morning. Not much use to me! 5 minutes later I got a call saying a new key board was on its way up to me. Top marks for recovery! I managed to get my emails done so happy again. I think that I would be typing a different message if they had not recovered and got me a key board. Well done to whoever made that decision.
I had forgotten my razor, rang down to reception again and within 3 minutes there was a knock at the door and there was a razor and shaving foam for me.
Breakfast was a large buffet with plenty of hot and cold food to eat. It is in fact just as you would expect from this type of hotel. A quick check out and we waved goodbye to an excellent city centre hotel that offers exceptional customer service.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank CrispinBournemouth
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Eternally gratefull for your 5 star review! I'll make sure you're compliments are passed on to the team member brining up the keyboard to your room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,475)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The best value for your money!!!
Would recommend it to anyone (regardless if it's a family, a couple or just a bunch of friends)!
The staff was outstandingly helpful (we even got a warm welcome chocolate cookie at check in time), the room was clean and cozy and had basically everything you could wish for (including a big mac screen with free internet!!!), and the best part was the "Sturbucks coffe" inside the hotel ...PERFECT!
The only thing that wasn't so nice was the room service...they charge additional 5.5 euros just for the reservation itself....so if you're planning on ordering room service- make sure you order everything you need at once or other ways- pay

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
What a title, thanks a lot! That's a great compliment. Regarding room service, we should only charge per meal, if you forgotten to order something, the second delivery will be complimentary.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree in December 2012. We were really excited to be staying there. I read the reviews before hand so I contacted the hotel to say it was a 40th Birthday celebration and to ask for a Bath in our room due to disability.
We arrived and were given a warm cookie which was very nice, unfortunately it went down hill from there. Our lovely double room with Queen size bed turned out to be 2 singles pushed together, there wasn't a bath just a shower and from the time we got there until the time we left the room was uncomfortably cold!
The manager has replied to a lot of posts on tripadvisor (Caroline I believe) when people complain the reply is; the next time you visit contact the hotel. Well I contacted the hotel previous to arriving and after telling the hotel I had a disability i would have thought this would have been taken into consideration specially with the bath and bed, regardless of the fact we had to walk miles to our room.
Good point:, lovely view from our room and very close to central station. The hotel wasn't cheap and breakfast wasn't included although taxes were included.
I would say the hotel is aimed more for people on business, but even people on business like to be warm and comfortable!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jade L
I am terribly sorry we have not allocated you the rigth room. We take a lot of care in making sure rrequests as you described are fullfilled whenever possible or to at least discuss alternatives if not. It therefore seems we have made a very unfortuante human error for which I sincerely apologize. We offer 27 rooms with extra spacious bathrooms, specifically adapted for guests with special needs and offering both bathtub and separate shower. Would you mind to contact me personally as I really would like to make it right to you.
Perth, Western Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Just completed a 2 night stay at this hotel. In my opinion this is a business hotel ideal for those in the city for business, with convenient access to and from central station who need all the normal necessary hotel features and the ability to entertain clients if necessary. The front desk is welcoming and pleasant and the heated cookie at check in is a nice touch are clean and basic (although on the small side), the bed is nothing like a SOFITEL, Westin or Sheraton bed for comfort, the breakfast is typical business buffet style - no egg/omelette station that one would find at the similar hotels, concierge is helpful and knowledgeable.
The biggest disappointment for us personally was the Sky bar; I found the service a little lacking and the ambience a little off the standard of similar signature bars. A good view but better places for a drink.
I would suggest to stay here if you need easy access to central station, otherwise there is better for the same money.

Room Tip: You need to be high and on the river side - this is a MUST!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your extensive review and pointing out our convenient location and pleasant welcome. It's disappointing to read we have not been able to give you a wow experience in our SkyLounge. I'd be delighted to get in touch with you to see where you feel we have could made more of a difference, to help us improve.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I booked this hotel for early Jan for myself and my partner in early Jan based on it's location to the centre of town. It turned out to be an excellent hotel with the staff all going out of their way to help as much as they can and the rooms were also really nice. We had no problems with noise but did ask for the least noisy room, which was a courtyard view room. It's really close to the central station and we also hired bikes from the hotel for 15 euros which made getting around so much easier. The breakfast buffet was also excellent, definately worth trying while staying there.

Room Tip: Courtyard-view rooms are quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jack C
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
Thanks a lot fo your positive words and kind recommendations. For us it's vital you feel welcome and taken care of so I'm really happy you noticed our team makes any effort necesarry to ensure you have a perfect stay!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

Visited double tree in an extended weekend break with my girlfriend.. The first thing we met at the hotel was a really welcoming and smiling receptionist.. We recieved a warm welcome cookie, wich was funny and diffrent, and the service of this hotel is 5 Star quality. We had the breakfast buffet every morning and the staff was really welcoming and professional, especially a Waiter i belive his name was loannie, we felt really cared for, even when the restaurant was packed he saw everything, we had a perfect stay, the only negative thing was the days passed so fast, and we will return at our next trip to Amsterdam.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks so much. Very nice we have been able to make you feel welcome! We will definately share your comments with the team. Your feedback is highly motivating.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

lovely relaxed weekend would stay again. lovely clean and relaxed atmosphere. very helpful with everything. food was fantastic in the restraunts and views from the sky lounge were well worth it. ideally placed as you can walk to everything no need to use transport. Very close to train station but with no disturbance from the trains.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cheryl w
Thanks so much for your kind review and especially for pointing out the quality of the food, our central location and helpfullness of the team. We want to be there for you!