“brilliant hotel!!!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station
Ranked #61 of 372 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed October 24, 2012

had a great stay at the Hilton, very clean, friendly staff, comfy beds! had a bit of trouble with night time noise from the trains but a great view, plus we partied hard so slept through most of the noise!! would have different if I had brought the kids! lovely warm cookie on arrival was also welcoming! would defo stay again xx

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Caroline_Receveur, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Amsterdam Centraal Station, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

I highly appreciate your 5 star review. It's a huge compliment, thank you.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed at the Doubletree Amsterdam near Central Station for one night prior to a cruise. The hotel itself is much nicer inside than the outside. It is conveniently located to key areas in Amsterdam - only a 10 minute walk to Dam Square. At first I wasn't keen on being near the Station - it was fine. There were always lots of people walking around so I never felt like it was unsafe.

The hotel is very nice, rooms spacious and clean and the staff extremely helpful and friendly. I tried to ask for a room facing the city (rather than the train) and was told that it would be 50 Euro more - so I declined. A manager overheard us, looked for a room and upgraded me. Very nice! The rate that I had included a very substantial buffet breakfast. This is a very nice hotel, close to everything - would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: try to get a room with a view of the city away from the trains
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm happy too see we'e been able to convince you about the convenience of our location. We do charge a bit more for rooms overlooking the city, but keep in mind the upgrade does not only give you the best view, it also includes complimentary breakfast, complimentary minibar and a morning newspaper.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

From the beginning of my stay I felt confident that I would have a comfortable, pleasurable stay at the Doubletree. The staff were so helpful, friendly and truly knowledgeable about the city. The rooms were clean, spacious and modern. I loved the fact that there was an iMac in the room which was invaluable when researching places to go etc. The choice at breakfast was vast and would cater to all tastes. The location of the hotel is perfect. It is situated next to the central station and minutes from all the main sights. I would highly recommend this hotel. It was a good base and somewhere to look forward to coming back to after a long day walking through the city.

1  Thank CarolinaBaker

How fantastic to read you enjoyed your stay. I'm very gratefull for your kind words, especially about the team. I'll ensure it's passed on to everybody.
Love to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Last year, we stayed in Hilton Amsterdam at a different location (Apollolaan), so I cannot help but make comparisons, as they same city and hotel chain. The first difference is location. Doubletree is super convenient, right next to Central Station. We found this easy for getting around as we took the trains, bus or trams everywhere. The rooms are not as swanky, for lack of a better way to describe the difference. Doubletree gave a nice, but slightly smaller room and the toiletries were different. The swankier Hilton provides some certain branded toiletries whereas the Doubletree has a generic brand of products. Another difference in these properties is that the swankier Hilton had an executive lounge that we were able to enjoy each night that provided snacks and drinks in the evenings. Doubletree does not but stocks the rooms on the executive floor with a mini bar with beer, diet cokes, chips and nuts, that they will replenish each night. The buffet breakfast at the swankier Hilton gave these incredible, fresh made suiker wafels on their buffet, whereas Doubletree had pre-packaged ones. That being said, the breakfast at Doubletree (eggs, sausage, roasted potato, fried cod, fruits, cheese, breads, cold cereal, oatmeal, muffins, and various juices and coffee) was dependable and there were other things for me to eat. I was pleased with the food and the service in there. There was a maitre'd that I think must never take a day off because I saw him there every day on our stay. It is nice to have that devotion from employees. Housekeeping did a good job every day, as well, at Doubletree although we missed the spoiling treatment we received at the swankier Hilton where they would leave us treats when we left. Overall, a good hotel and there were things I like about it as well as things that I wish were more closely related to the swankier hilton. It comes down to what you value most...great location or perks.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travellingangie

Dear Travellingangie,
Of course each guest comment is very valuable to us, yours however is one of the best we have ever received. We do know our big brother at the Apollolaan really well, though getting a comparision from the guest persfective is something from which we can learn a lot. Therefore we are eternally gratefull and you can be assured because of you we are already investigating the extra treats. As of next week you will find the warm waffles on our buffet as well.
Best regards,
Caroline

Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had a really great experience here. Upon arrival we were upgraded to the executive floor (we are both Diamond members) which was a really big room with an incredible view of the canal. The Sky Lounge on the 11th floor has just incredible views of the city. We were lucky to have warm sunny weather while we were there so we were able to enjoy the outside seating area. The breakfast choices were plentiful and everything we had was really nice. The staff was always very helpful and friendly as well. It is just a few minute walk from the train station so it made for an easy arrival/departure with luggage. There was a Starbucks downstairs which came in handy. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Amsterdam.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 11th floor which was really very nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your 5 star review. It means a lot to us!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I m a member of Hilton honors...booked online...Received a room on the bad side of the hotel ..the railway side....huge train noises in the middle of the night ....so ask for rooms on the canal side!!
I ve stayed there several times ...I like the location and the great wifi service in the hotel
This time,i have to report that the quality of the breakfast is not as good as it used to be....they are obviously doing some cost cutting ....which is a mistake ...as breakfast is one of their strong arguments.....let s hope they reverse course
Last thing..the waiter did a fine virgin mojito at the bar .....rare enough to be mentioned
SO NO ROOM ON RAILWAY SIDE !! ASK !!! enjoy

Room Tip: no railway side
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank chris83187147

Dear Chris,
Thank you vrery much for your loyaltee towards our hotel. The rooms overlooking the IJ River and railway tracks are build according to the strictest norms in sound proofing. We did indeed find some faults which can effect a selected number of rooms for which we are currently testing several solutions and hope to implement asap.
Regarding breakfast I can assure you that we are adding items rather then taking items out. Please do not hesitate to let me know what you are missing and I'll ensure it will be on the buffet upon your next visit.
Best regards,
Caroline

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and got an executive upgrade with breakfast. Well worth it. The view from the room was perfect overlooking the river. The upgrade included a free mini bar. Lovely. Breakfast was of a high standard, impecable service. i loved this hotel. Literally 10 minute walk to everything. Station 5 minutes. Shower room / w.c first class, really great. Loved the sky bar on the 11th floor , great views. Only minor criticism was that the same two coffee cups were outside our room for two days and no cleared away. Apart from that i would definately recommend this hotel. Will be staying here again if i come to Amsterdam again.

Dear Doug,
Eternally gratefull for your positive review! You're absolutely right about the coffee cups, we do several rounds a day to clear out roomservice trays and coffee cups and they should have been removed immediately.