“The Best Fries In The World.”

Vlaams Friteshuis Vleminckx
Ranked #89 of 4,003 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Centrum
Description: Vleminckx the Sausmeester (sauce master) is located in Amsterdam since 1957. Vleminckx sells Belgium fries and is specialized in 25 types of sauces. For over 55 years the Sauce master stands for quality, sells home-made fries and that nowadays is unique. Many locals and tourist visit this spot in the city centre of Amsterdam. We are known for the many different sauces which can be chosen at the paper cornet Belgium fries.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Every time I visit Amsterdam, I have to get me some fries from Vleminckx.

Crispy and Delicious. The best in the World. Can't recommend them enough!

Usually take my fries with plain mayo, but the green pepper mayo is delicious as well.

2  Thank Marcus M
There are newer reviews for Vlaams Friteshuis Vleminckx

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

The fries, incredible. The sauces, even better. My wife and I shared a large order. I asked the young man for a recommendation since there were many topping choices. He asked if we like spicy....we do. He added a spicy curry sauce. Unbelievable ! Highly recommended. Make the trip. We walked over a mile to get them.

1  Thank jocko23
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I walked from my hotel near the train station to try the fries at Vleminckx. They were definitely good fries, and the peanut satay sauce was good, but it was not worth a trip to get them. If you are near the museums and want fries, this place is probably as good or better than any other.

2  Thank JayPDub
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great fries. Light and crispy and a range of sauces. Very tasty. Very popular. Not much more to say really!

1  Thank mcapper01
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Cheap chips, very tasty, reasonably priced! Buy them and then head down the road to the canal and enjoy them by the water! What else do you need to know?!

1  Thank JWaldock