$340
$354
$217
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $281/night.

Hotel Sebastian's(Amsterdam)
$233
  • Bar/Lounge
Banks Mansion(Amsterdam)
$275
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $322/night.

$215
$194
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $344/night.

$501
$366
$189
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $263/night.

Ambassade Hotel(Amsterdam)
$310
$286
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $386/night.

$190
$183
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $247/night.

Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
$314
$246
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
All reviewsboutique hotelmichelin star restaurantnine streetsbeautiful hotelrestaurant staffcanal viewjunior suitelocation is excellentvan gogh museumdam squarevinkelesconciergeslhcitybrasseriefireplacelounge
Reviewed July 16, 2005

Just returned from a two night stay at the Dylan Hotel (formerly Blakes) and it was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. Maybe that is the reason why this property keeps changing ownership.
Mark my words......do not even consider this hotel if you expect any comfort.
The first night the room was visually appealing upon entering but were everything from the drapes to the sheets to the towels were dated and filthy. The room was completely unfunctional as well, shower was awful and nothing in the room worked properly. (and I mean nothing). The flooring was made of a material you could not walk on barefoot. It was 75 degrees outside but management felt it was not necessary to turn on the air conditioner in the rooms. My room was a complete sweat box and sweated thru the night. When I called the front desk to change rooms I was told there would be a $400.00 upgrade charge because the only room available that night available was a suite.
The next morning I immediately went to change rooms for the next night and they put me in another room. This room again was decent upon first inspection but again had no air-conditioning. We were forced to leave the windows open for air and the mosquitoes were awful and kept us up all night biting us. It was worse than camping out. Once again, nothing in the rooms functioned properly and upon closer inspection of the stuff in the room, this new room was outdated, stuffy and overall of poor sanitary standards.
The General Manager of the hotel was off on vacation and I still have not gotten any explanation or apology for this nightmare of a stay. You would figure after the first night of a miserable stay, management would have put me in a room that was somewhat comfortable.
The staff could care less and I advise you all to stay away from this property.
I also stayed in the American Hotel in Ledspelein and it was significantly better.
The Dylan needs to be torn down and rebuilt from scratch if it wants to be thought of as a high end hotel.

Stayed: July 2005
22  Thank Bakesie
Reviewed July 2, 2005

Given the rates and adverstising for this hotel one would at least expect basic luxuries like air conditioning. Do not be deceived. They will say that their rooms are air conditioned. Most are not! They have some sort of fan that blows, but no cool air.

They twice put me in rooms that they claimed had air conditioning, only for me to find out that the staff had lied. Eventually they placed a portable unit in my room for one night and moved me to a room that was barely cooler the next night.

Additional bizarre details include the fact that you need to be four feet tall to shave in the bathroom mirror. Any taller and you will find yourself looking into a cabinet, not a mirror. That is, of course, if you manage to get enough water flowing out of the sink, or shower, to actually manage to wash.

The hotel looks cool from the common areas and is a joke when it comes to basic utlities in the rooms. It is great to be in a cool hotel, but not when it is falling apart. Additionally, the bar and the restaurant were lame. In my 5 day stay I never saw a crowd or any semblance of what could be described as a scene.

Save your money and stay somewhere else. This is no luxury hotel.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
17  Thank SMMMMM
Reviewed April 4, 2005

What a disappointment. Having become familiar with Blakes in London, and stayed in other five-star hotels in Europe i was expecting a lot more. Very friendly staff, welcoming you with a lovely ginger and lemongrass concoction, but after that slightly downhill. Our room was superficially nice, but in need of some redecoration - paint was coming off, and the furnishings looked very worn on closer inspection- no choice of pillows either - they're all feather, which is not ideal if you suffer from allergies as I do. I've been offered a choice of pillows by four and three star hotels in the past. Nothing is complimentary in this hotel - everything in the mini-bar has a price tag! Not what you expect when you're paying over the odds - all we got were three apples, a bottle of what looked like tap water and two very small chocolates!
The food in the restaurant is divine, but hugely expensive - definitely over the odds - expect to pay at least 150 Euros if not more for a meal for two.
The decor in the restaurant and bar and reception area was faultless, but the slightly rarified atmosphere of the hotel is a bit much first thing in the morning for breakfast - not necessarily the most relaxing of experiences.
A real lack of facilities in terms of spa or pool as well - I've been told they are dealing with the latter issues.
On the whole would probably not stay again I'm afraid! Although I understand that a change of management (the hotel is now called 'The Dylan') is likely to improve things.

• Stayed: April 2005
16  Thank Companion73
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 24, 2005

Stayed here 3 nights in March (it is now called the Dylan) 2 nights in a superior room with canal view and last night in a duplex suite with canal view. The staff were excellent, they knew our names and were friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed the fusion food in the restaurant. The breakfast was good as well, although a little annoying when you pay an inclusive room rate and find this only covers the basic continental breakfast and all fruit, yoghurt, eggs etc are payable extra. The rooms were a little disappointing, I have to agree with one of the previous reviewers that they tended towards design over practicality. The design is quite stark, rather than romantic. Having said that, the beds were very comfortable and the baths huge. We had problems with our shower, hence our upgrade to the duplex suite for the final night. The bed in the suite was one of the most comfortable I've slept on with superb bed linen. There were DVD and CD players in both rooms. The location was very good, within walking distance of all major attractions, but away from the noisy areas like Dam square. I would recommend this hotel, especially when the new spa facilities are built.

• Stayed: March 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 19, 2005

Mangement and the name just changed January 1st 2005 to the Dylan. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. Concierge made the stay so much better by providing wonderful dining recommendations. Hotel dining room is best in the city.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member