“Stylish and wonderful”
Review of The Dylan

The Dylan
Ranked #23 of 374 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Located on a quiet canal, the Dylan is the perfect place to come home to after touring the city. It is dark, comforting and makes you feel stylish and sexy. We had a great room overlooking the canal, ( room #39). Huge by any standards. Service was great and unobtrusive. The common areas are all the photos promise...and more. It is not inexpensive by any means. But if you can, it's worth the splurge.

1  Thank doggydoc53
René B, General Manager at The Dylan, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.
We are glad to read that you were pleased with the location and room 34.
We will be happy to welcome you again.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I really enjoyed our stay at the Dylan. Amsterdam was the last stop on a 15 day vacation, and we arrived in Amsterdam after travelling throughout Italy. It was really a great last stop and helped to end an amazing vacation on a great note.

The hotel is beautiful - very modern and moody with a lot of different textures and flecks of bright color. They upgraded us on arrival to a duplex room which was beautiful. Our bedroom was on the first floor and bathroom on the second which worked out fine for us, but may be challenging for those who have trouble with stairs so keep that in mind when you choose a room.

Everything was extremely clean, the shower had great water pressure and there was a large bath. The only drawback was no normal mirror in the bathroom (only a zoomed in one), but it is also entirely possible that we were to dumb to figure out where it was!

The hotel staff was lovely and accommodating, helping with directions, maps, taxis, etc. They have two restaurants, one is a Michelin rated restaurant called Vinkeles although we did not eat there we did eat at their other restaurant Occo, and also ordered room service one of the nights. The food was great! Breakfast was lovely each morning although not included in the room rate so keep that in mind when you budget.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. The location was in the best part of Amsterdam (in my opinion) which was the "9 streets" area. Very quiet and beautiful with canals all around and within walking distance to a number of great attractions like Ann Frank house and flower market, and in the best shopping area in Amsterdam if that's your thing.

Room Tip: Our duplex room (number 17) was very quiet, easy access to everything in the hotel, and was a split...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
René B, General Manager at The Dylan, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel.
Also on behalve of our staff, we were glad to serve you in the last days of your vacation and that you enjoyed room 17 and the "9 streets" area.
We will be happy to welcome you again.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Extremely forthcoming staff. Perfect breakfast. Parking valet service, at a price.
Intimate athmosphere throughout the entire hotel.
Harry Potter -like intricate flights of stairs! Very stylish theme rooms.
I totally love this centre-ville hotel.

Room Tip: . Our first stay we slept in a 'two-story' room, which meant the bathroom, tub and shower we...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
René B, General Manager at The Dylan, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review. We are lucky to hear that you were pleased with the atmosphere throughout our hotel. We will be happy to welcome you again.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

This was my second visit to the Dylan and my first with my wife. When navigating the stairs in our planned room, a "duplex" it became clear that my wifes recently traumatized knee would not cope. The manager was very understanding and accomodated us with what became a major upgrade to room 22 (suite) overlooking the entry coutyard. This room included your own expresso machine. The staff were all engaging, increadibly helpful and responsive. When I was awake at a very early hour and went downstairs to avoid waking my wife, they made me coffee, gratis. The location is only minutes from the centrum with all of the activity and restaurants but the Hotel serves as an oasis, particularly the central courtyard. I look forward to my next visit to Amsterdam and I hope to the Dylan,

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
René B, General Manager at The Dylan, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank your for your review. It is great that you were pleased with your stay in our suite.
We look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at The Dylan for our honeymoon in August 2013 and the entire experience, from check in to check out, was perfect. The staff are lovely, and even though we are young newlyweds (perhaps not The Dylan's normal clientele) we were treated with courtesy and friendliness.

We chose a Double Kotura room in the old building, with a view of the courtyard, which was small but well appointed with a beautiful ensuite. The mini bar had a good espresso machine, and plenty of snacks. My favourite part of the stay (I wrote my thesis on Amsterdam tourism and have a passion for hotels, so I love these quirky extras) was our turn down treats every night - souvenir pillow cases, keychains, candies and cookies. It was always a delight to return to our room at the end of the day to these fun treats. Housekeeping was excellent, with good attention to detail. My biggest complaint about the room was that the mini bar doors refused to stay open while I made espresso - and if that's my only complaint, I'm happy.

We ate at the OCCO Brasserie two nights and were very impressed with the quality of the food, and the wine list. I would highly recommend The Dylan to honeymooners. The location is one of my favourites in the city, too.

Room Tip: If you aren't able to select a room when you book (e.g. if you book through an external web site...
1  Thank jessgmalta

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review. We are glad to hear that you have had such a good experience in our hotel for your honeymoon. We will be happy to welcome you again.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed with my mother for 2 nights at The Dylan, and we wished it was longer. You can't fault it!! The service is outstanding and the ambience and location are fantastic. We stayed in the Deluxe twin room, which was very quirky. It's in a quiet neighbourhood, but so easy to walk to everything. The Restaurants in the Hotel are excellent, so need to look anywhere else, although there are plenty of others around to try. If you decide to stay at The Dylan, you'll not regret it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stayed here one night on our way back from Ibiza and we in Room 25. This room is one of the most unique and quaint rooms I have ever stayed. The location of the hotel is in a very convenient location and you can really experience Amsterdam from a locals perspective. Vinkles was fantastic and I would highly suggest the 7-course dinner because you really get to try everything the Chef can throw at you.

The coffee shops and a local cafes were a lot of fun.

Room Tip: Room 25 is really unique and a lot of fun.