Our stay at the Dylan was wonderful. The room was clean, large and comfortable. There was a very comfortable cot in the room for our son and the room was large enough to accommodate the cot without crowding the room. Breakfast and lunches in the lounge were delicious. The staff was friendly and polite.
As this is a review, there are a few items to note.
1. No full length mirror in the room.
2. Our room faced the canal. The view was terrific but it can be noisy. We did not experience any prolonged or outrageous but we also were not there on a Friday or Saturday night. The windows do not keep out any noise.
3. No one met us when we arrived. It wasn't a problem for us, we were not jet lagged, the weather was good and we are young. It is worth noting as this service is standard for a luxury hotel and along with what wasn't an issue for us but could be for others, the streets and sidewalks of amsterdam are narrow,the cobble stones are not friendly to the wheels on luggage and the entrance for the Dylan is recessed through a courtyard, so partially hidden.
4. Breakfast is done very well but is expensive. Be sure to check your bill. We were overcharged once but we noticed at breakfast and it was taken care of immediately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique hotel along the Keizersgracht canal is situated in the heart of Amsterdam. The Dam Square is a short walk away. The Dylan offers rooms and suites with special themes. All have luxurious bathrooms, a bathrobe and slippers. There is free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Dylan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dylan Hotel Amsterdam
- Dylan Hotel Amsterdam