My boyfriend and I stayed at the Amstel hotel for 2 nights for a city break in Amsterdam. The building is very impressive and has a good, quiet location on the river. We stayed in a city view room, the view was nothing to shout about but the room itself was lovely. The bathroom was the best equipped I have ever seen, with a lovely rainfall shower and large bath. The only disadvantage of this hotel is that it is about a 30 minute walk from the centre of Amsterdam, although there are metro and tram stations nearby. Could also have done with some additional pillows in the room. We also used the fitness club at the hotel, the pool looks out over the river and is a nice way to relax with some complimentary coffee and juice. Would recommend this hotel for a romantic break. Could also have done with some additional pillows in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal Carré Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam