Stayed in this hotel in March 2014 for a business trip.
Hotel is beautifully situated on the Amstel river. The building is old with a classic french style. I'm not usually into that style but they pulled it off perfectly in this hotel.
The staff were wonderful, friendly, and very helpful.
Location was not bad. It was walking distance from most of the attractions in the area (Heineken Brewery, Van Gogh Museum, and Red Light District). But make sure to bring your walking shoes because you're going to walk a lot.
Room was lovely and very spacious. So was the bathroom.
Didn't try the restaurants or room service so I can't comment on those. The breakfast was very good.
Would I stay there again? Probably not...But wouldn't complain if I did. Personally, I prefer hotels with more of a modern chic vibe and younger crown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, TripOnline SA, Agoda, IHG, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Odigeo, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam