This was a fabulous hotel with beautiful rooms, great staff, super-fantastic bar.
The A Bar - Awesome. There are NO bartenders. They are Mixologists and they are tops. Get a Blue Blazer.
The pool was great - be sure to take your suit and make time for it. The heated pool is at the canal level, surrounded by glass.
Breakfast was great. The location was nice and quiet. If you want to stay in the middle of "crazy" in the Red Light District, then this is not for you. Otherwise, plan on a 15-20 minute walk to the district and surrounding areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal Carré Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam