My husband and I chose the Intercontinental Amstel as the cherry on the sundae of our 15-day European vacation. We wanted Amsterdam and this hotel to be our last stop and we were very excited and looking forward to staying in this beautiful hotel. We booked the Presidential Suite with great expectations. As mentioned in previous reviews. The lobby was beautiful, the "Presidential Suite" simply was NOT. The carpet was old and stained. The furniture was falling apart and peeling something awful. Desperately needs renovating!!!! Since this was suppose to be one of their best rooms, we shared our disappointment with the manager. Not necessarily expecting anything to be done about it, we were pleasantly surprised when the manager offered to move us into another room - their Executive Suite. This room was 200 times better than their so-called Presidential Suite. They sent a bellman up to help us move our things to our new room. However, in our haste, I left my iPad w/keyboard in the drawer of the nightstand in the bedroom and did not realize it until the next day. I reported this. We went back to the room to look for the iPad and it was no longer there. It was reported to each manager on duty as well as security and the supervisor of housekeeping. The hotel promised to do a thorough investigation of my STOLEN property. I came in this hotel with my iPad and left without it. There is no doubt in my mind that someone from the hotel staff took my property and this hotel has offered to do nothing about it. Even after we returned home, I sent emails and have heard nothing.This is the last day of 2013. This happened at the end of August. I was hoping they would do the right thing and at least try some form of compensation. But I have not heard anything since returning. Needless to say I am very disappointed and will never stay at this hotel and plan to tell all of my traveling friends, when visiting Amsterdam, DO NOT stay at the Amstel - they have thieves on their staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal Carré Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam