I spend 2 nights at Intercontinental Amstel (Amsterdam) in December 2013. I must confess, it was a greet time. The hotel is located in the city center (quite part of Amsterdam). If you prefer a rambling, the location will be perfect (app. 25-30 minutes walking distance to the heart of the city, Dum sq.). You are able to jogging, cycling or just walk along channels whole days. The hotel is a pearl among Intercontinental hotels. The guests are able to stay in an antique building, in unique rooms with a perfect and top-notch service. All staffs are professional hoteliers and make one absolutely feel they're all welcome here. The swimming pool deserves a high praise.
Only one comments, I celebrated my birthday, but the hotel didn’t provide any complimentary cakes or fancy cake with me. I anticipated it.
In total, I had a great time at this hotel and I have no hesitation in recommending anyone who could not make up their minds where to stay.
Good picks for you, dears! ;)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam