My husband and I stayed in a large suite with a view at the Amstel-river. That was great.
We had some drinks at the A-bar and the interior of this new bar was great too. But I guess that's it.
The staff wasn't what you can expect in a 5-star-hotel. It has the looks of a real high quality hotel but it is not (anymore?). Before booking we experienced some problems because the people of the reservation never called us back. We had some questions because we liked to book 3 special rooms, for us and two other couples, and we also wanted them to organize a salon-boat with dinner, and tickets for Carre-theater. Reservations never called us back so we kept on calling them, but in the end after quite some effort our site, the rooms were booked, and the boat and the theater too.
When we arrived no one knew about the boat, and the tickets of Carre were nowhere to be found.
After quite a search they finally found them so we were happy and took off in the boat.
Later that evening we were in the A-bar and there we experienced again the lack of service in a few ways. This is definitely not a high quality 5-star-hotel, that's for sure.
The bed was okay but nothing special, we found the duvet rather poor, the shower wasn't ideal, the breakfast was fine but 3 of the 6 ordered eggs were not properly cooked, at least not the way we liked/asked them to be, but.... ofcourse the building and the history of the hotel is impressive and this sort of made up for the bad organization.
Fun for once, back to the Dylan Hotel next time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal Carré Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam