The hotel has been redone and is certainly in the modern age but with old world charm. The front desk is hit or miss, there were some folks who were outstanding and some who were cold and indifferent. The room was large and well appointed but the mattresses needs replacement desperately. The view of the river was outstanding. The Brasserie was good but somehow whenever you walk in, the staff informs you that there may or may not be a table available, even if almost every table is empty. The concierge was very helpful with cars and resturant reservations but be careful if you seek out a guide of the city, we ended up working with a very nice man who was basically a driver, limited information on the city or it's history. The best group was room service, ordered breakfast everyday and delivery took less then 10 minutes, was hot and perfectly presented. Well done. The Spa was excellent and the massage was outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal Carré Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam