What a gorgeous hotel! Anyone who isn't taken aback by the fantastic interior architecture is jaded indeed. Truly glorious. Does the place need some TLC - yes. In out suite, the wallpaper was lifting on the bed well and the carpeting looked about a year away from needing to be changed. It's a huge hotel and I'm sure it must take a lot to keep up with the maintenance. But our room was probably double the size of the room we came from in Barcelona (in an equally impressive hotel) and I have to say, I loved having so much more space. La Rive and the Brasserie we spectacular. I loved the juxtaposition of the high modern bar against the gracious 19th century hotel! I would re-visit in a minute.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal Carré Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam