We stayed two nights at the Intercontinental and although it is very expensive, we found it to be a wonderful treat after a rambling trip through multiple cities and hotels. The hotel is located on an outer ring canal and a 15-20 minute walk to some of the more central areas and a slightly shorter walk to the Heineken Experience and the museums. It is southeast of the busy Central train station and was a short taxi ride of 10 minutes through the city.
The room and bathroom were large and the beds were very comfortable. Our view looked out over the canal and we had 3 large windows in our triple room. We found the staff to be helpful and friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam