On the banks of the Amstel River, this heritage hotel will please the discerning traveller. Large elegant rooms, with the widest hotel corridors I have ever seen, made for a time when women wore bustles and two could pass each other with room to spare. Five star elegance throughout the property.
A Michelin star restaurant and a popular brasserie, where we dined two nights in a row (try their thrice cooked French fries, the best I've ever tasted) complemented this wonderful hotel. Breakfast was a delight in their glass atrium situated next to the river. As is the practice in many fine European hotels, French champagne was included in the breakfast buffet. What a pleasant way to begin the day. The hotel possesses several double storey loft rooms but our standard room was more than satisfactory with plenty of room. The mini bar was stocked with full size bottles of spirits.
All the staff were friendly and eager to please. Ask for a river view room. I look forward to returning. John Pond, Sydney Australia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal Carré Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam