This very upscale beautifully appointed hotel was perfect for me on the last leg of my African adventure. Boy did I need a comfortable bed and I got one. Wonderful bed...made it hard to leave the room! The hotel has a pool with lounge chairs and a spa. It was a great place to lounge about and rest my beaten body. The view from my room of the river was stunning. I can't imagine coming here and not getting a river view room. The staff are warm and helpful. I gave the concierge my goals and he mapped out a great walking plan. It's close to the theater but not much else but its a 15-30 minute walk to the canal boat and/or museums. I think it took me 15 minutes to get to the canal tours but it's right around the corner (2 min) from public transportation if you don't want to walk. I felt very safe walking everywhere I went. WiFi is available and works but it's slow. The only negative I experienced was that the taxi charged me extra just because he was picking me up at this hotel. I find that annoying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since the day the doors opened in 1867, InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam has been revered the world over for its palatial grandeur and residential warmth. Located where the financial, cultural and shopping districts converge, the hotel is a short walk from the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Spiegelkwartier and the Royal CarrÃ© Theatre. The Anne Frank House and the 14th-century Begijnhof are easy to reach by public transport or taxi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, IHG, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Amstel Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Amstel Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Intercontinental Amsterdam