- friendly welcome by Waan who was very helpful throughout our stay
- tickets purchased for us on arrival for Rijsmuseum and help with dining reservation
- good central location, very near the trams and Anne Frank museum and canal boat trip
- nice view of garden from our room (number 09)
- reasonable buffet breakfast, good that breakfast and wifi included in room rate
- excellent bed, very comfortable
- we stayed in a "great" room overlooking the garden. This was quite small when you take into account the fact that the bathroom was fully in the room apart from a small claustrophobic toilet. On a romantic weekend away not necessarily a great idea.
- the website gave the impression of the rooms being more historical/Dutch art based but in fact the room was very modern. I would have preferred the decor to have looked more like the rooms on the internet with some more traditional art on the bedroom walls to give a sense of place
- I prefer small toiletries to take away rather than large bottles for use at the hotel
- we made the mistake of driving to Amsterdam and then parking in the World Fashion Centre park and ride. This is a horrible park and ride which is difficult to work out and then a walk (with luggage) to the long tram ride which is not signposted. When you have just driven a long journey this is not what you need on a short break. There is an expensive car park 10 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel needs to work out a way of helping people who arrive by car either by offering to park the car for them, having a temporary space outside to offload or by giving better advice. Either way it was a stressful start to the our short break.
- only limited room service but hotel near various cafes and restaurants
Overall I would stay at the hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Canal House offers boutique-style rooms in the Grachtengordel-West district, 290 yards from Westermarkt tram stop. This design hotel features free Wi-Fi and grounds with summer house for private meetings.The rooms at Canal House feature sumptuous decor with dark woods and luxurious fabrics. Each room has an open-plan layout and includes a flat-screen TV, minibar and work desk.The Amsterdam Tulip Museum and Anne Frank House are less than a 5-minute walk from Canal House. Amsterdam Central Train Station is less than a 15-minute walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz and Jetsetter so you can book your Canal House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canal Hotel Amsterdam
- Canal House Amsterdam
- Canal House Hotel Amsterdam