Canal House
$249
$229
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $292/night.

$295
$199
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsexceptional roomboutique hotelanne frank houseroom overlooking the gardenbreakfast roombath showerhot breakfastgreat boutiquenine streetssmall hoteljordaan districtbeautiful hotelwalked everywherebreakfast was includedyogurtthe location is perfectwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed June 9, 2011

A surprise from my husband ....so I was a bit apprehensive about his solo choice of hotel, but lo and behold was very pleasantly surprised. Canal House was a superb choice, our room looked onto the canal which was a treat. Food was excellent and we found the staff friendly and accommodating without getting too over the top. It has lots of personal touches like the photos and music which is very trendy, decoration is also top class. We cycled all over the city, and Amsterdam is so full of things to do and see that I´m sure we will be back at Canal House soon.

Room Tip: Canal View
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SantodaSerra
Reviewed June 8, 2011

We just had diner there last night, and enjoyed it so much that it deserves a review.
At the moment one of the best restaurants in Amsterdam in its price range.

Service is very professional, and attentive.

There is a la carte but we took a 3 course menu for 36,- euro. For quality of the food, a gift.

After haven the biggest amuse I ever had (almost like a starter), we had two starters: one a scottish lobster, and second a sea bass. The main course was dutch lamb with white asparagus. It all was perfectly cooked.

I will come back soon and let my friends taste the quality of the food.
Since the place is quite new not a lot of people know about it yet. It won't take before the do!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank bmenno
Reviewed June 2, 2011

We initially booked this hotel because of its ratings in TripAdvisor and as a Small Luxury Hotel of the World site. It was not a luxurious but was small and was a hotel. Upon arriving at 730 pm we were greeted at reception after carrying our own bags up the front stairs with an indifferent receptionist. After 10 minutes looking for our confirmed reservation we were required to 1) carry our bags up two flights of stairs, 2) pull our bags through the dinning room and KITCHEN!, and three when presented with our room told little about its operation or amenities.
The room was small and dark. There was construction in the back garden throughout our first day. Most concerning is that the hotel seems to cater to young guests who return late in the evening or early morning to continue their evening activities in what can only be described as dorm like sound proofing. Many guests while were there complained.
Breakfast consisted of a small buffet breakfast with eggs cooked upon request. In most cases little fruit and no cereal was provided as part of the buffet although this was part of the hotel's selling point.
In short I cannot recommend this hotel for its service, its accommodations, or its breakfast. We left after two nights for a true five star hotel. This should be rated as a two star hotel at best!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank WMuirhead-100
WesselKrauss, General Manager at Canal House, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Dear Mr.Muirhead,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of your recent visit. I am very sorry to hear that your stay at Canal House was unpleasant and that your first impression of Amsterdam was a poor one. I am actively looking into all the points you raised and have spoken to the members of our Reception team who were on hand when you checked in.

If you do have an opportunity to return to Amsterdam please contact me personally and I would be very happy to assist you with your stay.

My very best,
Wessel Krauss

Reviewed May 22, 2011

Situated in a nice location along one of the major canals, Keizersgracht, close to city centre , the main railway station about 20 minutes.The room was lovely and girly.my girl loved it,for 3 day escape is ideal,romantic.There are many rests and coffees,nice area.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LaoTz
Reviewed May 14, 2011

We were extremely pleased with the Canal House. The staff was friendly and attentive and our room was beautiful, comfortable and very well-appointed. The location was perfect - close to most attractions, great restaurants and most importantly - it was quiet! Compared to other hotels in Amsterdam I considered this to be a great deal as the room was newly renovated and breakfast was included in the rate. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends