Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM

from $38.20
from $36.50
from $64.70
55,462 results
All reviews his life starry night his brother audio guide his contemporaries his friends famous works chronological order famous paintings art lovers gift shop great collection on display skip the line buy your tickets long line time slot
Reviewed April 6, 2018

Good to get an understanding of the artist and life at the time. Best book on-line and plan a good 3hrs for the visit. Cloak room is often well utilised so try not to bring coats if weather is good

Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

I am not an artist but I love frequenting art museums.

The Van Gogh museum was exceptionally well organized and presented.

I soaked in the originals which were all super close to observe (unlike the Louvre etc) and they did a phenomenal job of presenting his personal life and professional work.

Love, love, loved it!!

Reviewed April 6, 2018

We went to the Van Gogh Museum the day after we went to the Rijksmuseum, and it suffered by comparison, which was not at all what we expected. We got tickets online, got there early, bought the audio tour guides, and ended up staying for four-and-a-half hours (we went through the Japan exhibit as well), so it's not like we gave it short shrift.

It was great seeing the paintings up close and being able to fully appreciate the artist's technique. (It would be such a good idea to tell people up front they aren't allowed to photograph. I saw lots of people being scolded.) It was also good to be schooled at what a remarkable craftsman Van Gogh was and not just someone with mental illness and an artistic bent.

The experience came up short because of some fogginess regarding the arc of Van Gogh's life/work. This wasn't the case in the Japan portion, but the general installation lacked overall ... something ... perspective? Focus? I don't know. The other disappointment was the audio guide. In contrast to the Rijksmuseum, the commentary seemed fluffy and juvenile just when we'd gotten used to meaty and consequential.

I'm not sorry we went. I'm sorry I'm not rapt and full of glowing remarks.

Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

The van gogh museum is built flawlessly ... its interior is well luminated and efficient making it easy even for a firstcomer to move around! Its exhibitions are very interesting and well structured as well as easy to follow and not tiring! Deffinetely a recommendation

Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

If you are a van Gogh fan, this is definitely a must-see. Surprising that his most vaunted paintings like the 'sunflower' and 'almond blossom' are not large canvases as one imagined them to be. His 'Starry starry nights' is at MOMA, NYC. More surprising was learning how heavily influenced he was by Japanese art but unfortunately those prints are not as prolific online or found in other museum gift shops.