Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

from $37.30
from $35.80
from $63.50
28,020 results
All reviews his life starry night his brother audio guide his contemporaries famous works chronological order famous paintings art lovers gift shop on display great collection skip the line buy your tickets long line time slot two hours
Reviewed today via mobile

Spent 3 hours here doing the audio tour, so interesting to see all the art that inspired van gogh, and his own peices displayed! Great gift shop too.

Reviewed today via mobile

On a whole a well set out exposition, with plenty to see. Not just Van Gogh paintings, but also others from his era and correspondence. But overall very dark, literally. Many paintings use dark colours, but I felt the lighting didn't help either.
There is an excellent free cloak service but picking our jackets up took 20min in queue, on a Monday. But ridiculous, seeing the average time spent in the museum is 1h15m, which is about the time we took as well.

Reviewed today

Bought tickets online ahead of time which I highly recommend. We went in the evening which I do NOT recommend. The galleries were dark and needed the additional daylight to illuminate them. The crowds made this museum less than enjoyable. You really cannot get close to many of the paintings, but I would do it again just because it is Van Gogh and his paintings are gorgeous. One interesting note, his paintings get better and better as you approach the end of his life. Tragic. My travel companions rated this place lowest on their list of our activities due to the crowds.

Reviewed today

Vincent Van Gogh was one of the most controversial artist ever.
His art goes beyond what can be seen in his paintings.
He was a complex personality even more than a genius.
The museum is a total dive into his world, touching, exciting and profound.

Reviewed yesterday

I went 5 years ago so it wasn't so crowded now I understand that there is a big queue so go with time and patience

Reviewed yesterday

This was my second visit and was so worth it. Depending on your mood and stage in life, you perceive every artwork in a different way.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

With so many museums in Amsterdam people can forget coming here. Wake up early enough to make time to add this to your itinerary. You won’t be disappointed I promise.

Reviewed yesterday

I was actually going to skip this one since not a huge fan. Glad I didn't. The museum is very interesting with many exhibits - not just his paintings but also information about family and the overall era. A great museum. Very busy. Suggest allow 2 hours and get there when it opens. Then go to top floor and work down (everyone else will start at the bottom and go up)

Reviewed yesterday

The life and artistic journey of Van Gogh whilst spiraling up through the building. Interactive, explanatory. I prefer to experience the art as a first person sensory event, whilst others can opt for a technology driven guide explaining each portrait in your language of choice. Either way and experience that is priceless. Nice cafe and giftshop as well.

Reviewed yesterday

Got our time online and went and waited to get in. It was extremely crowded but we were able to see all that we wanted to and read as well. Learned a lot about the man and his art. The museum is on four (I think) floors and by starting on the ground floor and working your way up you are taken through the stages of his life and career. I found it a very easy way to learn about Van Gogh and his art.