A truly beautiful and histoic building...a magnificent structure built in the 1500's but updated with the latest modern designs inside. A great mix.
Very nice service from housekeeping and in the restaurant. The concierge staff was also top notch. We had a couple problems with front desk not understanding our needs due to language, but otherwise they tried very hard to assure top level service.
The location was also wonderful since it allowed us to be a little off of the main streets but within a few short blocks of Dam Square and was able to walk to the Rijksmuseum (20 minutes tops) access to a number of the main attractions.
Each morning we awoke to a view of the canal with a dozen or so swans swimming and the hooves of horses with carriages on the small road across the canal.
We had a junior suite - it was spacious and had nice decor. Loved the bathrooms! And the turn down service with chololates on each of the nightstands.
Only downside was they did not have the room down free (they understand the word feathers more than the word down) - so we had to order that again and wait, and the TV was not working and the phone had issues. The service people were all very nice though. Just a small pain to not be able to really relax till all the service folks came and went.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline, ACCOR, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel