Most certainly this is a very fine hotel. Location is excellent, just a few steps from Dam square. Service, style and environment is definitely five genuine stars. It's also spacious considering being in the middle of the cramped streets of the older parts of Ams. There's even an inner yard where you can have a drink and relax during the summer months. Standard rooms are fairly large with all the things you expect in a hotel of this caliber. Beds are very comfortable, but could be a bit soft for people with back problems. Climate control works perfectly. The staff is very correct, service minded and friendly without leading to exaggerations. Breakfast is served in the Michelin-starred restaurant "Bridges". A good variety of fruit, dairy products, ham, marmalade etc is presented - but it's not overwhelming; I've had many better breakfast experiences. Eggs are made to order and tastes ok, but nothing special. Very narrow selection of bread. Breakfast is EUR 37 which is too much for what you get.
Overall though, this hotel will deliver what you expect of a top establishment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel