The hotel situated is historical building of former city hall with quite and silent yard. There are walking distance to majority attractions of the city ( few hundred meters to Dam square ).
The building is well maintained and absorbed the spirit of glorious history of this place. The breakfast hall is situated in the former assembly hall. It provides a special shade of glamour .
Visited with family ( 2 kids) in first week of 2014. We were accommodated in 2 luxury rooms. There are not any complains to the rooms ( sufficient size and good equipped ).
The bathrooms provided by Hermes perfumes. We faced problem with bedding – one of our kids got allergic reaction from feather bed.
We were slightly disappointed by hotel staff. We did not observe the proper attention and skills.
There were a lot of minor omissions of the staff which are not acceptable in 5 star hotel (housekeeping department, catering, etc. ) . We stay in the hotel for 6 days and every morning were confused by wrong invoice for breakfast. I reported the problem to reception. Unfortunately, I faced the same problem next day.
Unfortunately ( or fortunately ), we lost the possibility to visit the hotel restaurant Bridges. We visited restaurant in the morning in order to select table for New eve dinner and were badly surprised by the smell of dishwasher machine in the restaurant hall. We had to select the alternative restaurant for such event.
The general impression – hotel does not achieve declared level of 5 star hotel and the glorious history of the building does not correspond to actual level of service provided there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel