Checked in late at night due to a flight delay. Tv did not work, ac did not work and cordless phone was so low on battery that u could not get a dial tone. Hmm? The front desk responded immediately and was able to change our room but we wonder why so many things did not work. Room decor is warm tones of rich taupes and browns. Modern bathrooms, ample closet space, comfy sofa, large windows offer a light filled ambience. A welcome room amenity described as "apple crumble" was a ridiculous concept- a pile of crumbs in a glass with no cutlery and some fresh fruit - (4 blackberries) in another glass. The following day's presentation of a glass of bluberries with a glass of candy and two chocolates looked oddly erotic but certainly appropriate for the edgy red light district location. Breakfast Buffet is superb - it offered great selection of fruits cheese, cold cuts and cooked to order hot selections and service is excelelnt. One morning room service coffee arrived on a lovely flower adorned tray with baked goods. Cant say enough about the level of service - simply flawless.
Hotel location is just at the edge of Amsterdam's notorious zone but the hotel is a quiet oasis.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel