The Legend is a lovely city hotel located not far from the Central Station and within walking distance of the museum district to the south. Many attractive parts of the city are also reachable on foot. The building is historic and has a wonderful ambience along with a beautiful courtyard with settees and casual dining. Our room overlooked the canal on the 2nd floor and was quiet. Everything was up to the usual Sofitel standard including a giant king-size bed with its soft under-blanket which gives the impression of sleeping on a cloud. The bathroom layout was unusual – it ran the length of one of the bedroom walls and had 2 doors. The door to the left accessed the bath and wash basin; the door to the right accessed the toilet. The bathroom part and the toilet were linked by a “shower corridor” which had a glass door to separate it from the toilet. The only inconvenience with this arrangement was that the hair dryer and vanity unit was located in the toilet section. We did not dine at the hotel in the evening so cannot comment on the various dining options. We did enjoy a high quality breakfast (rather pricey at €37.50) which was excellent with a cold buffet offering almost all imaginable options and hot food cooked to order and beautifully presented. Despite being extremely busy the service was excellent and courteous. The Legend is expensive but, I think, worth it for location, ambiance and service – we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel