I stayed here during a weekend. If you are in for sightseeing in Amsterdam, this should be the place to stay. The hotel is located in the very city core. 2 minutes walking to Dam Square (almost all the trams pass through here). However as the hotel is situated in a quiet street you will not get the usual noise from the street (even during the heavy alcoholic hours). Its in the same street as Red Light District, however much further south, therefore you are not disturbed by the windows (if you do not like that kind of view). The hotel has a great lobby with an excellent decor and furbushing. The breakfast is the standards you expect from this kind of hotels. They provide you with attention. Just to give an example; I love eggs and they even ask me how I like the eggs and they made them spot on (6,5 minutes).
The rooms are large with very nice furbished rooms (as the rest of the hotel). The beds will give you a good night sleep. I cannot say anything negative regarding the rooms. I only stayed in Standard, however Standard rooms in this hotel exceeds many superior or deluxe rooms I have slept (in the same hotel class)
Only one minor negative point was; while we were waiting for the dinner in the lounge I could quite easily observe the stress in the employees faces. One waiter came with some snacks but forgot some spoons. 2 minutes later the supervisor walked passed and took it away and said "This is not according to our procedures, I will bring you the right plate" and went away with it. The other waiter came back with the spoons he had forgotten. And then the suporvisor came back and adressed to the waiter the right procedures in front of us. For me it was visible that the employees were not relaxed (lots of running around). It did ruin some of the relaxing ambiance. (however it also show how detail oriented the hotel are, and seeking perfection from the staff)
This is absolutely one of the best hotels in Amsterdam. I would choose this hotel next time I arrive here. For the price, very good value for money. Quality service and helpful staff. Do not take the negative section too bad , it is not a reason not to choose this pearl.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, ACCOR, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel