Check in was a breeze, our room (as requested prior due to us celebrating our Anniversary) over looked the canal on the 3rd floor. Room was wonderful and the bed was to die for. So much that we overslept our alarm clock and checked out at 11:55 am. So beyond sad because the hotel had so much to offer, was gorgeous, with fabulous staff and we missed it all. But hey, a good nights sleep obviously was what we needed prior to our cruise that we took out of Amsterdam.
I loved the room, the details, the amenities, and the helpful front desk that gave us a map so we could tour the city after we checked in an before bed.
The best thing was the location. We walked to everything which was wonderful. So close to Dam Square, Red Light District and an easy walk to Van Gogh Museum.
We will be back for sure and will be staying at the Sofitel again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, ACCOR, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel