A great hotel in beautiful building. Located in the middle of Amsterdam, within walking distance of the central station. Although the hotel is in a very old building, of course all the antique points are kept. The rooms are totally up to date and stylish comfortable, a very good bed. I stead in room 223. Perhaps not the biggest room I have ever stayed in but surely big enough with all facilities at hand. Very handy was the bedside plug in possibility for the laptop. The bathroom was very modern with a big walk in rain shower.
Breakfast was certainly very good. Eggs etc are to be ordered and made fresh. That is really good but because you need to order, make sure you come down in time to be able to enjoy this.
Dinner is really superb. In general staff are enormously helpful and service minded. Some times this is even a little too much. If you have the possibility to stay at this hotel I certainly recommend it. Meeting facilities of this hotel are very modern with high tech equipment
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Odigeo, Agoda, ACCOR, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel