I have stayed at a number of hotels over many years and while I am sure there are better hotels somewhere, I have never stayed at or met anyone who has.
The Sofitel Grand is the best I have ever had the pleasure of staying at.
From the fuss free check in, to the welcome glass of champagne beside the fire (it was about -10on the day we arrived) and the fantastic room, our rom had views over the courtyard and the snow covered roofs of the western side of Amsterdam.
The hotel is located an easy walk from the "Dam Square" from which everything is a further easy walk even in the snow.
I simply can say enough about the commitment of then hotel staff, they where universally helpful, happy to answer even the most inane questions with a smile and some good local advice.
The hotel restaurant Bridges is fantastic (a bit pricey) however the meal was worth it and again the service was superb to the point of being over the top.
Our stay at the Sofitel Grand gave a taste of what it must be like to be "treated like royalty)
When in Amsterdam I will now stay here, any where else would be second best
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TravelUp, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel