My husband and I stayed a week and everything was perfection! The large, historic hotel is just beautiful with a hip, boutique feeling. We fell in love with the impeccable service, friendly staff, lovely rooms, heavenly beds and gorgeous grounds. As an added bonus, reception brought up a surprise birthday cake for my husband's birthday the first day we arrived - we were very impressed by this gesture and it was chocolate mousse deliciousness!
In addition, the Sospa deep tissue massage was the perfect cure for jet lag - it was actually one of the best massages I have ever experienced. Our only unfavorable experience was at the hotel's pool area after our couples massage. The hotel's pool, steam room and sauna are all located in the Sospa and they allow children to play there until 5 or 6 pm. When we arrived, there were five children screaming and jumping around the pool which momentarily put a damper on our relaxing, massage experience. Still, I would return to the spa and simply avoid the pool area.
Overall, we will definitely stay at this hotel again and look forward to returning soon! I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Amsterdam. Thank you, Sofitel Grand for making our getaway so wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, ACCOR, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel