This was our first trip to Amsterdam. We wanted to stay in the center of the city, and in a nice place that would serve as our home away from home. The Sofitel Grand was terrific. Our room was spacious, functional, beautiful, and even had wonderful views of one of Amsterdam's famous canals. It was tastefully contemporary, which is our preference. The staff was fantastic--welcoming, helpful, always friendly, and always professional. The amenities in the hotel were very nice. We had our best meal of our stay in their restaurant Bridges (we reviewed that separately), greatly enjoyed the "library," a very comfortable room in which one could get food and drink while enjoying books, newspapers, and a fireplace, and the outdoor courtyard was beautiful. breakfast was included with our package and it was a wonderful buffet that included many local delicacies.
The hotel is walking distance from most of the major attractions for first-time visitors to Amsterdam. We greatly enjoyed out first trip to Amsterdam and will return. When we do, we'll stay here again. No need for us to consider alternatives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel