We arrived at the hotel during an exceptionally heavy downpour of rain and were made very welcome by staff for our pre-booked Afternoon Tea. We took up the offer of a glass of champagne which helped us settle in for the tea to follow. First plate was sandwiches all of which were very fresh n tasty served with Darjeeling tea. Next up - mini scones 2 plain ones and 1 fruit one each. Lots of jam choices and clotted cream. This was served with Asaam tea. Scones were ok but a little bit boring in flavour (ginger/lemon/ or cinammon flavours in other hotels have all been a hit) and tasted a little bit stale. We then moved on to the 'fancies' which were served with a delicate rose petal tea. This plate consisted of one of each tiny pastries/chocolates from the trolley. We tasted our way through each miniature work of art. Very nice indeed. The only thing I might say was that most of these little delights were chocolate and/or nutty and became a bit 'samey' sadly. Some different flavours/ textures would liven this fine finale up. We spent a lovely couple of hours in the hotel enjoying the Afternoon Tea and admiring the beautiful flowers always present in Sofitel hotels. Well worth a visit for both.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, ACCOR, TravelUp, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel