We booked this hotel to celebrate my 50th birthday. On arriving at reception we found to our dismay that the 3 rooms I had booked through a website had not been received by the hotel, therefore only one room had been allocated. After a brief discussion the receptionist went away only to return to give us good news - they could fit us all in! From then on our stay at this hotel was truly memorable. The receptionist gave us drinks vouchers to make up for the confusion - even though it was not their fault, which was a very nice touch. Once they knew it was my birthday I received biscuits, dried fruit and half a bottle of champagne. All a lovely touch. All the hotel staff were friendly and attentive. We decided to eat in the restaurant on the first night which didn't disappoint - quality of the food was amazing and worth the cost. The hotel also has spa facilities (which we didn't have time to use) plus a small pool which we did use! The one good feature of the pool is the 'infinity jet' which definitely works! All in all a very enjoyable weekend break and can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel