Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam
$244
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $280/night.

$277
$223
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $278/night.

$295
$205
$189
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $272/night.

$446
$332
Agoda.com
The Toren(Amsterdam)
$536
2,860 results
All reviewsthe red light districtbutler serviceflying dutchmanhermes toiletriesluxury roomjunior suitedam squareturn down servicewonderful hotelstar hotelcanal viewthe heart of the citythe location is perfectnespresso machineanne frank housevan gogh museumcentral station
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I spent 5 magical days in this hotel in January 2012... Everything from the kind door man in a front of the hotel and checking in to every single detail during my stay and checking out, was perfect... I used butler service, and it was great, everything you need, they provide... for example, I needed tickets for some really great museums, Hermitage & Van Gogh... I asked, and in 5 minutes, they provided me with the tickets, so i didn't have to wait in a long lines in front of museums... Also, few times I asked for some restaurant recommendations, and every time they told me for some excellent restaurants, they even booked me a table in some of the best restaurants in Amsterdam. Also, the hotel's restaurant, "Bridges" is one of the best restaurants I ever visited in my life, the best sea food I ever tasted...

I booked my room online, and after I arrived, I asked the staff of the hotel to show me some other rooms and suites they had available at that moment, and they were kind enough to show me...in the end, I took Junior suite... Cleanliness, bed quality (one of the most comfortable beds I ever used), the view... everything was great...

If u want to use butler service, ask for Mauricio, the best butler in the world!

This is high class hotel, very professional, very good in every single way... They are there for you, no matter what you need or ask, they can make it happen, with smile and treatment you can only imagine! If you want to stay in one of the best hotels ever, go to The Grand, you won't regret it! I ll back soon, that is for sure!

Room Tip: My junior suite was great, but heating was not so good, needed to use extra heaters...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
SofitelLegendTGA, Manager at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2012

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing this wonderful review regarding your stay at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam. It is an absolute honour to read your words about the service provided by our Butler Service Department. Especially the grand words you have written about our butler Mauricio. We always aim to cater to all our guests’ desires.

It is delightful to learn of your experience in our restaurant BRIDGES. We would also like to thank you for your remark and would like to inform you this has been taken into action

The entire team looks forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Raphaël Mukarji
Director of Operations

Reviewed March 19, 2012

Absolutely beautiful hotel! Felt as I'd we we're treated like royalty from the moment we stepped foot through the doors. The bed is just amazing, so so comfortable! Truly a 5 star experience.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam. We are truly honoured to read that we made you feel like royalty. Besides that, it is lovely to read that you have enjoyed our Sofitel MyBed so much during your stay.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards,

Raphaël Mukarji
Director of Operations

Reviewed March 17, 2012

Spent 3 nights at this hotel in luxury double room overlooking the canal. Beautiful bed with feather topper so comfy turndown service each night with bottle evian water and beautiful truffle bath with TV on the wall large wet room we wil be returning to his hotel next year very friendly polite staff and very helpful.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
SofitelLegendTGA, Manager at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2012

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing to stay at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam. It is a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at our historical hotel and especially the comfort of the signature Sofitel MyBed. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. Sincerely, Raphaël Mukarji – Director of Operations

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Good points - interesting old building
Helpful staff
Good room with canal view
Bad points - the area is a bit grim, the proximity to the red light district means you may get
woken by noise on the street at 3am.
The hotel, while generally good, is overpriced.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which is unlikely to be affected by street noise in the early hours.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
SofitelLegendTGA, Manager at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2012

Dear Guest, thank your for sharing your experiences on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the atmosphere in our historical hotel and appreciated the service provided by our staff. However, we regret to learn the inconvenience you experienced and we would like to offer our sincerest apologies. Your comments are of great value to us and therefore we would like to invite you to contact us directly via H2783-GR@sofitel.com with your telephone number in the hope of having the opportunity to personally further discuss this matter with you. We hope to have the honour of welcoming you back to Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam in the near future. Sincerely, Raphaël Mukarji – Director of Operations

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Spent two nights here over the weekend. I have never slept in such a luxurious and comfortable bed away from home ever. Clean and modern and just perfect for a romantic getaway. Breakfast was extortionate, but we went out each morning. Room service for dinner was a treat - recommend the burgers!

Room Tip: 5th floor is the top floor, a must as it is located in the heart of the red light district.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing to stay at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam. We are delighted to read that you are fond of the comfort of the signature Sofitel MyBed. It is also a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your dinner via Room Service and especially The Grand Burger. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon. Sincerely, Raphaël Mukarji – Director of Operations