This hotel is absolutely amazing. They overlook nothing, down to the smallest detail such as Hermes bath products!! Check-in was a breeze. The concierge and front desk staff were super friendly and very helpful. The hotel itself, like the city has a long history going back as far as A 14th century convent. The room was very comfortable and particularly well designed. The room resembled a loft apartment. We enjoyed High Tea in the library because it was raining out and this was a fun experience. The entire staff is just very well trained and attentive. The hotel is centrally located in the most perfect location(in my opinon). Just a block walk from great food, Coffeeshops, girls in the window(if that is your thing, I was there with my girlfriend), The best parts of the Canal rings etc. Our room had a view of the canal and was very nice. The rooms were cleaned several times a day. Additionally, when we left the hotel in July, I left my flip video camera in the room. I realized this in September and after contacting the hotel, their security officer Mr. Crama gave me quick correspondence, located the camera and shipped the item free of charge. That is very rare, but not surprising for such an amazing establishment! I have stayed in many 4 and 5 star hotels worldwide and with all honesty, this is my favorite. I will never stay in another hotel when visiting Amsterdam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, ACCOR and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel