This hotel exceeds the beauty of the canals of Amsterdam and its own historical building with its superb staff.
We have traveled extensively throughout the world staying in many 5 star hotels, and have had the "butler" experience before: the guy who shows up in tails to shake your hand who you rarely see again. This hotel's butler service is honestly a butler service. We had as our butlers Bart and Luis. They were extremely helpful in terms of sharing their knowledge of the city, making reservations, assuring that your room was to your satistaction, noting your individual likes and dislikes, even down to personally delivering your room service order, inquiring if your would like them to pack or unpack your bags, etc. Bottom line, their service was so exquisite, you hated to leave the hotel.
The hotel itself is beautifully appointed and very conveniently located. They are right on one of the canals. Walk in one direction and you have great pubs or cafes as they called them. Walk in the other and you get a first hand look at the red light district.
Their breakfast is not to be missed and do not leave without eating their waffles. These are not your normal fabulous waffle. These are small pieces of indescribable heaven on your plate.
We were on day one of our stay and already planning when we could return. You will feel at home and welcome in the beauty that is the Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, ACCOR, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel