Stayed here for about 10 days in July. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms were normal size for European standards, with a nice bathroom and good range of Hermes ammenities (though for me, they felt more a scent men would prefer than women). Bed was softer than I am normally use to, but comfortable none the less. Use the free "low speed" internet in my room, which met all my needs e.g. could still do skype video chats etc. My room faced the inner courtyard, so was very quiet. Breakfast is very good, but you have to order hot food (so if you are in a rush, order it as soon as you step inside). Hotel is about a 10 minute walk from the main train station, and just on the edge of the red light district and shoppin area. So you are not in the middle of any, but only a stones throw away, which made the hotel very suitabel for me (ie all the convenience without the noise, but again I had a inner courtyard viewing room). lastly, there is a gym, but it is very small with just a few cardio machines and some weights and one other machine.
Only 2 small negatives were , the room rate is not cheap for those on a budget, and the lift if you need it is al little slow.
All in all, a great hotel, good location, nice rooms, and friendly staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SOFITEL LEGEND THE GRAND AMSTERDAM.Furnished with French elegance and grandeur, the hotel welcomes a variety of visitors, from the trendy Amsterdam elite to royal brides or famous international movie stars. In each of the rooms, the restaurant, the hallways and the beautiful garden terrace, design and history captivate and seduce everyone into visiting. ROOMS & SUITES.Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 spacious rooms, including 52 luxurious suites, amongst which 14 individually designed Suite Apartments: lodgings in 17th century canal houses. The rich history of the hotel is, as naturally, incorporated into the new architectural details in many ways. WELL BEING.Access to the relaxing SoSPA is complimentary for all hotel guests. It is the ideal place to unwind and pamper yourself. SoSPA houses an indoor heated swimming pool, a private Turkish steam bath, a Jacuzzi, a sauna, private treatment rooms and a SoFIT fitness area. INSPIRED MEETINGS.The 17 fully equipped banqueting and conference rooms, five of which are listed as historic monuments, provide the ultimate venue for meetings or conferences in Amsterdam. All rooms have natural daylight and are equipped with the latest technical facilities. BRIDGES RESTAURANT.The modern and trendy fish restaurant serves dishes with an emphasis on sea food and fish, mostly Dutch organic produce with a French twist. Bridges bar and lounge are the heart of restaurant, offering exclusive wines and vintage Champagnes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel