“Wonderfully unique!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Pulitzer Amsterdam

You added Hotel Pulitzer Amsterdam to your Saves list
Hotel Pulitzer Amsterdam
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Keizersgracht 224, 1016 GZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Formerly Hotel Pulitzer, a Luxury Collection Hotel) (Canal Ring (Grachtengordel))   |
Ranked #41 of 363 Hotels in Amsterdam
Boston, Massachusetts
“Wonderfully unique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights. Rooms were exceptionally clean and the property was something to really enjoy. The breakfast was fantastic - plenty to choose from and great tasting! Plenty of amenities but if nothing else - I would strongly suggest that you take advantage of the concierge services. I worked with them several times from booking restaurants, suggesting a museum, and even what neighborhoods to take a stroll. (They even told me the best places to duck in to should we need a bathroom break!). They are a wonderful example of what one should expect of a concierge! I will be back!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank CHD3
AlexanderVanGastel, General Manager at Hotel Pulitzer Amsterdam, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear CHD3,

On behalf of the entire Hotel Pulitzer Team, I would like to thank you very much for your stay with us last November and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. It is a great pleasure to learn that you've had an enjoyable time in our hotel and the unique city of Amsterdam.
Great to learn that our Concierge Team was helpful in providing you with recommendations on sights and restaurants to visit while you were here and I have shared your compliments with them.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Pulitzer in the near future!

Alex van Gastel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is one of my top 3 in the world.

It was the location for part of the movie oceans 11.

My room was on the top floor of a house built in 1619. Had vaulted ceilings with wood cross members exposed. Very clean and quiet.

Great location. Bit pricey.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank dan459us
Dear dan459us,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Hotel Pulitzer, a Luxury Collection Hotel. It is a great pleasure to read that you had a memorable stay and that our unique hotel is in your top 3, wow!

I truly hope that we may welcome you back to Amsterdam in the near future.

Bainbridge Island, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Spent four nights at the Pulitzer Hotel. It's a 5 star Hotel with a lot of character. Couple of points! If you upgrade to canal view rooms, understand that you will hear all of the sounds of the street. Our upgraded room (209) had a great view but was above the entrance to the Hotel. Unless you want to hear the early departures to the airport, avoid rooms 207/209/211/307/309/311. Lastly, the hotel brochure offers a 90 minute boat ride from their dock. What it doesn't say is that it costs 38 euros per person. Save yourself $ and take one of the other cruises which are just as nice but only costs 20 euros!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Tom H
Dear Tom H,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Hotel Pulitzer, a Luxury Collection Hotel and for taking some of your valuable time to share your experience. As we are always trying to improve the products and services we provide, your feedback is highly appreciated.
I am pleased to read that, overall, you have enjoyed your stay with us. Please note that I have shared your feedback with regards to the room allocation and boat tour with the Management Team. Still, I would like to offer you our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused, as it was never our intention to give you a dissatisfied feeling.

I truly hope that we may welcome you back to Hotel Pulitzer during your next visit to The Netherlands.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

This is a very unique property at one of the centrally located canals in the city. I like the service and the rooms were of very good quality. The property was very well maintained and it was an unusual property in the sense that it had set out a number of canal houses to be placed into one hotel. The bad part is a property has very small rooms. I guess it's because of the nature of the place but it was not the worst I have encountered.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Coollawyer96
Dear Coollawyer96,

I would like to thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor. It brings me great pleasure to learn that you had an enjoyable stay in our unique hotel. Did you know that Hotel Pulitzer consists out of 25 canal houses, all connected to eachother?

I hope that we may welcome you back whenever your travels bring you to The Netherlands again.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My first time to Amsterdam, and I could not have stayed anywhere better.

The Pulitzer is in a great location, right on the same street as the Anne Frank museum! Staff were friendly and helpful in giving us directions for getting about the city.

The rooms were beautiful, as was the restaurant where my friend and I enjoyed a lovely dinner and breakfast. Enjoyed my stay and would definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susanne Z
Dear Susanne Z,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Hotel Pulitzer, a Luxury Collection Hotel. It is a great pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable time in both our historical hotel and the unique city of Amsterdam.
We are very honored that you have chosen Hotel Pulitzer as a "home away from home" for your first visit to Amsterdam and I have shared your compliments among our team.

I hope that we may welcome you back for a return visit in the near future!

boca raton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Hotel Pulitzer is an example of class and old time luxury. Although the rooms aren't fantastic by today's standards, the service and the staff more than make up for that. Hotel Pulitzer is a combination of 25 canal houses that were put together, so it is not the traditional layout of a hotel. You walk through lots of different hallways and staircases and there are at least 4 different elevator banks. The staff is the most helpful and accommodating staff that I have ever done business with. There wasn't anything that was too difficult or complicated for them to do. The hotel has a gym( which I didn't use) , a terrific restaurant and a pretty active bar. My husband and I were very impressed with our stay at The Hotel Pulitzer and would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: All canal rooms have lovely views, but can be a bit noisy at times.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank jmr718BocaRaton
Dear jmr718BocaRaton,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Hotel Pulitzer, a Luxury Collection Hotel. It is a great pleasure to read that you had an enjoyable time in our historical hotel. I am very pleased to learn that you especially enjoyed the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff and I have shared your compliments with the entire team.

I truly hope that we may welcome you back to Hotel Pulitzer whenever your travels bring you to Amsterdam again.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

The are on the top of their game here. I brought my 7 year old son and wanted a little r&r with my husband. They offered up their concierge to watch my son. Ginny was an absolute doll and treated my son with exceptional care. The gym was fantastic as well. No pool or hot tub and the rooms were nothing fantastic, but the service would make me come back here for sure. Very quaint and in a great section of town

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dear garboslobster,

On behalf of the entire Hotel Pulitzer Team, I would like to thank you very much for your recent stay and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. As we are constantly trying to improve our products and services, your feedback is highly appreciated.
It is a pleasure to read that you and your family have enjoyed your stay in our historical hotel, especially with regards to the service provided by our staff members. I have shared your compliments with Ginny and the rest of the team.

We are all very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Pulitzer in the near future.