Ways to Experience Rijksmuseum
from $36.60
from $63.90
from $24.40
24,007 results
All reviews night watch dutch masters old masters huge museum great museum national museum beautiful building works of art famous paintings on display audio guide art lovers van gogh museum few hours take your time in advance on line
Reviewed yesterday

The collection is huge and there is a lot to see in this massive museum. Look for the placemat-sized information cards, printed in many languages.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Even though I live very close to Amsterdam, I had never actually been to the museums here. The Rijksmuseum should be on everyone's list and I'm very glad I finally went there. Of course the art on display is from some of the best painters in the world. There is background information shown next to every painting, and the mobile gives you a lot of extra information regarding the art. I was there during the holidays and it was quite busy, but I still had a good view of every painting. Would recommend going outside of the holiday period though if you prefer a calmer visit.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Full of wonderful exhibits well displayed.

80 years War is very interesting but it was crowded.

Lots of staff around who are very helpful. I didn’t bother with an audio guide. Labelling of exhibits in Dutch and English.

Gallery of Honour is a must. The Night Watch still on display and is spectacular. So many great artists in the museum including Rubens etc.

Cafe very good. Waitress service.

Reviewed yesterday

As someone who is not that fussed about going to art galleries, I was however desperate to see 'the night watch'. It did not disappoint! I went in there just to see that one painting, but ended up spending much more time there. It's a really brilliant gallery, there's something for everyone. As I say, I'm not one for going to art galleries, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

The Rijksmusem is large and, like many museums of its caliber, overwhelming. We were fortunate enough to do the guided tour of museum highlights in English. Having a guide helped bring the experience to life, and was particularly informative when viewing “Waterloo” and “The Night Watch”. I’d definitely recommend spending the extra euros to go on the tour.

Reviewed 2 days ago

We did not get to see the entire museum, due to limitations of time. I wish we could have. A fantastic museum.

Reviewed 2 days ago

The outside of the Museum and the grounds beyond are works of art in themselves. The Museum is excellent although much of it comprises superb paintings of the Dutch masters - and the very large dolls houses are exquisite. One could spend all day there and still need to visit again!

Reviewed 3 days ago

Good collection of jems. Nightwarch is definitely something a visitor should not miss. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Such a massive museum. Full of everything!!

Would say there's easily enough to see spread over two days.

We used our IAmsterdam cards to get in for free which was fantastic. No queue or anything.

Like most museums bags must be checked in. A very easy process though.

All the staff we met were very friendly and the shop was good also!

Would HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed 3 days ago

one of the best museums we have ever visited. precious piece of art. Especially Rembrandt collection was remarkable.