“Clean, cool and conscious - The perfect hotel?”

Conscious Hotel Vondelpark
Ranked #84 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This place is so clean, so stylish, and so affordable. And on top of all of that it's environmentally friendly! Much to recommend.

I stayed here with a friend when we visited Amsterdam as tourists. A Dutch friend had recommended it, and I'm so glad they did. At first I thought it was slightly off the beaten track (i.e not in the middle of the tourist / red light district) which I'm now very happy about! It's next to the park and close to all the museums, and the transport links are excellent. It was so clean and light and modern but very welcoming.

I like it so much that when I had to come back to the city on a business trip I booked it again. As soon as I got in I was so glad I did. Free wifi! Great breakfast! Lovely showers! Big room! Helpful staff! Environmentally friendly! Cheap! Honestly, why can't all hotels be like this?

Now when I stay in faceless corporate places or dirty dives, I think about the Conscious hotels and wish they were a bigger chain.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Conscious Hotel Vondelpark

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Staying by Vondelpark was such a privilege! We were riding through the park every morning. From the hotel, we could ride to ALL places we visited in Amsterdam. We rented our bikes directly from the hotel (which had competitive prices comparing to specialized shops). Besides the bikes and privileged location, the rooms were extremelly comfortable and stylish, but minimalist at the same time; without all the "spoiled guests' items" (body lotion, conditioner, mini bar, bathrobe, slipers) but all you need (soap, shampoo, hair dryer, safe box, a comfy bed, tv). The hotel has a restaurant and bar, having also plenty of shops in the neighbourhood, so you can purchase any additional item you need. The staff was ever courteous and helpful. It was a very comfortable and pleasant stay, so I definitely recommend this hotel. I just wish this chain would be present in other cities in the World!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Got here late in the wee hours of the morning on a swift cab ride from Schiphol. Had never heard of this small hotel before and I must admit I was a little worried about the kind of place it would turn out to be as most common hotels were full due to a huge convention in Amsterdam.

To my delight, this cozy city alternative hotel, a re converted city building into a environment"ally" friendly and bio loving place, immediately lifted my worries as the welcoming staff were all pleased to see me crashing in at 1am!

The rooms are quite small albeit modern and bare simple, but the bed is extremely comfy and it didn't take long for me to drift off..

The following morning an all organic simplistic bio buffet was awaiting for my hard day's night empty stomach. Simple, vers en lekker like the Dutch would say!

Staff was in a chatting mood and did not raise an eyebrow when I asked to check out a little later due to my afternoon flight.

My company forked out around 200 € for a good night's sleep and the bio buffet. Although it might sound a little pricy, the simple cosy city slick quality did make up for it. But do plan ahead for an easy train ride to the city or back to the airport as the cab fares will cost you an extra 30-40€. The train stop is right in front of the hotel.

Consciously yours,

Manabovetheclouds

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have been a regular at Conscious Vondelpark since I discovered it. The hotel is stylish and clean, the staff are super friendly and the location is just perfect, a short ride away from Amsterdam Central but away from the madness of the red-light district.
The rooms are not very large but the comfort of the lobby and the free wi-fi more than makes up for this.
This is a home away from home for me. I stay at Conscious Vondelpark every single time I am in Amsterdam and love it!

Room Tip: 6th floor rooms with balcony are the most spacious
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Antonism82
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Very nice trendy, chic lobby. Hotel staff is helpful. Don't expect much from the rooms - clean and basic. 10 minute tram ride to city centre but the tram stop is just as you step out of the hotel. Not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel is located about a 20 minute tram ride from Amsterdam Central Station. We were in Amsterdam for 3 days so opted for a 3-day transit pass which was 15-16 Euros. Renting a bike was about 15-20 Euros per day so transit was a cheaper option. The Hotel is very close to Vondelpark which was really nice for a picnic dinner and for a walk.

The hotel itself had some cool environmental features such as the eco roof and the vertical plant wall. However the low flow shower head was not the best for pressure and the lack of shower curtain or door caused water to get all over the floor. There was a bathtub in the room but we didn't use it.

The room itself was cramped even by european standards. The bed was situated too close to the door and we had trouble getting our suitcase in and out of the room. The beds were too soft for our liking. We were in B tower so maybe A tower is better?

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Even with a room pre paid, at the moment of the check in they told us that they were overbooked. So they informed us that we were being relocated to another hotel since we were just "one night guests". "We are paying for the taxi", they clarified, but they were sending us to a hotel 10' away by cab. This was informed 7 hours after our arrival, when we were not able to check in because it was 12 am instead of 1 pm (too early).
We complained a lot due to the fact that this was being impossed to us, really late and with no further options.
After web insisted a lot, and after making us wait for a while, the man in charge said they found a room for us. They gave us a room with lack of maintenance (walls marked with hits, broken wall electrical plugs, no shower curtain, fungus in the joints of the shower, 2 beds put together instead of a double bed). We felt completly misstreated. Te hotel itself turn out to be really disappointing, the "conscious" part does not mean giving small old towels, having poor water pressure in the shower and not providing air conditioner!!

• Stayed: August 2013