“Just good and not expensive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conscious Hotel Vondelpark

You added Conscious Hotel Vondelpark to your Saves list
Conscious Hotel Vondelpark
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Overtoom 519 - 521, 1054 LH Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #97 of 363 Hotels in Amsterdam
GreenLeadersGold level
The Netherlands
“Just good and not expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

Hip and cool hotel in Amsterdam, with a relaxed atmosphere. The reception was a bit messy and we were suprised that we had to pay the city tax and breakfast in advance. We also had to sign to promise not to smoke in the room.
The hotel consists of an A-and B-tower, that means 2 houses in 2 blocks, connected by a corridor. The corridors are bit of a dark maze.
The room itself was fresh, not large, but neat and had a neat bathroom. We had a good and quit sleep.
Tram 1 stops right outside, 8 minutes to Leidseplein. The breakfast was good enough (€ 11.50), but nothing special. Free WIFI.
Conscious Vondelpark is just a good and not too expensive hotel has a good public transport to the city centre. Take also a relaxing walk in the Vondel-Park, just around the corner. We have also stayed once in Conscious Museumsquare, the rooms were bigger there and the location was closer to the center, but was a little more expensive.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Bartho0

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Spent two nights at this hotel and had a very good experience. Took the upgraded room, perhaps 10 euro more per night. it was in the back wing on the quiet street in the rear of the hotel. Nice size room, good bathroom, very clean and quiet. it's a simple room but nicely done and the staff were friendly. For this price in Amsterdam, I can certainly recommend this hotel. Right next to Vondel Park and 5 minutes to the city center are on a tram (stop right out front) or on a bike. Impressed.

Room Tip: go for the upgraded room to be in the back tower for a quieter spot away from the front of the hotel...
2 Thank gc12272013p
Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Let me start by saying that I plan on going back within the next few weeks and this WILL be my place of stay. This hotel was absolutly great. When I first walked in I was amazed to see how beautiful the place really was. The pictures are FORREAL! This place is really beautiful, and that was not to mention that the 1 Tram from Cental station stops directly infront of the hotel. This was too convient. Even though your not in the Red Light district area the tram from the district bring you straight here. When I checked in i was giving a room on the B side, after taking the elevator up and walking across to the other side my key did not work so I went back down stairs, in the midst the cleaning supervisor was in the hall and I asked her was there any rooms availible in the front because being a woman alone I didnt feel comfortable doing that walk later to my room at late night alone. She quickly told me that room 116 was clean and availible and that she was calling the front desk to have me changed. By the time I got down there the front desk person was already on the phone with her and changing my room. She told me that I didnt need to explain and that it was ok. OMG When I walked in the room I was at a awww at how cozy and nice the room looked and felt. It felt like an 5star hoel just smaller. Actually I have been in 5star hotels and none of them had flavor like unless its like the Wynn in Vegas. Everything looked brand new and spanking clean. It took a second to realize how to turn the light on because you have to put your room key in a slot on the wall to turn on the power in the room to save energy and when you take it out to leave the room everything shuts off. Once I sat down on the bed I was then confirmed that I choose the best play to stay in Amsterdam. The bed was soft as ever just how I love it. I layed down and it felt like the mattress was hugging me. I didnt have a problem not once with the free wii fi it worked with my laptop and ipod even at the same time. The day Time front desk people were so great. They advised me of everything I can experience. The night time guy on my 1st night wasnt too good but I will not hold the hotel responsible because when I did speak to the manager Xavier about it the next morning he was extra extra helpful and not accepting of non customer service, He went out of his way to help me. The next night guy and evening girls were so great. Since they have a bar in the lobby they just talked to me and laughed as I sat and enjoyed one of their home made smoothies. The night uy even took the time to print out time and directions for the tram to locations. My room was cleaned spotless, Tissue refilled. The only thing is the there isnt a iron or ironing board in your room and you have to get it from the front desk, and since they have a really big and good ironing board it was really heavy to loged back and forth to the front desk but it was cool. I stayed two nights here and like I said when I return I will be staying there again. Let me not forget that the Price was much much cheaper than those of te hotels I saw online and when I saw them in person they were run downed hotels. I know my review may sound like im a worker there trying to big up the hotel but im not. Im just a NY traveler who travels alot and I appreciate getting my moneys worth. I would reccommend this place to everyone

Room Tip: Choose the A side if you dont want to walk across the bridge to the Bside
2 Thank Senn M
Abingdon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights and had a very plesant stay.

Getting to the hotel is easy from outside either Laylann or Central train stations by getting on the No. 1 tram. We were early on arrival at the hotel but our room was ready and we were booked in, so that was a good start. The reception were friendly and helpful throughout our stay.
The location is on the busy Overtoom road and we did suffer a bit from road noise but not to any great extent. Behind the hotel is Vondelpark, which is a large park with numerous lakes. We walked through on one of the days and although nice enough I wouldn't put it on par with Hyde park or some of the other London parks. Maybe the weather, which was damp and wet, affected our judgment and it may be nicer in the warmer months.

The room itself was more than adequate, with a large bathroom with walk in shower, and a large double bed (not two beds pushed together....well done Conscious!). There was a flat screen TV (only one English channel, BBC1) and some literature around the green credentials of the hotel and Amsterdam itself. We didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on that aspect.

The minor gripes we had were not much room for storing things (no drawers for example) and the fact it was a fair way out from the centre.

All in all I we would go back and would recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: Use Tram 1 to go into Amsterdam centre, cheaper than cabs and drop you off right in the action.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on a recent trip and greatly enjoyed our stay. Rooms were small but cute, clean and modern, staff was friendly and helpful, and overall I felt like it was a great value. The location is quiet and untouristy but it is a bit of a haul to get to the main attractions. That's what bikes are for though! Vondelpark is right there too, so you can bike through it and avoid traffic (not that it's much of an issue with the dedicated bike lanes). Overall we were very satisfied with our stay

• Stayed December 2011
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night. It was easy to found from Schiphol Airport. Just take train to Amsterdam Lelyaan, after that take tram no 1 to Central Station. Then stop at Overtoom. The hotel location just in front of the tram Overtoom.

But if you carry a lot of things, better just take taxi since u need to change train & to tram. I came there after my trip to Barcelona, with a lot of luggage & belongings and it was quite troublesome. When I came there & made the payment for the room, they said they didn't have the standard room & they only have the premium room which a bit more expensive but had bigger room. I also had asked for room with double bed, but they said the room was unavailable since it was Valentine's day and the hotel quite fully booked.

Since I asked for room not facing the street side, they gave me the room at tower B which quite far from the lobby. With many things to bring, it was quite frustrating to found my room. But my room was nice & big.

The bed was very comfortable. And the bathroom were big & spacious. I had a very pleasant stay here. One of my problem was the shower didn't have door so after I took my bath, the water were everywhere. Maybe the management can consider to put the door together with the bath, so that guest won't spent more towels to clean the floor.

Tram to go to Dam Square is just in front of the hotel. It take around 15 minutes to reach Central Station. From there, u just can walk and go to Dam Square. It just too bad, the hotel isn't near Dam Square.

Actually I stayed for 1 night only. I had asked for the staff last time how much if I wanted to have late check out, they asked me to paid another 50 euro. Then I changed my mind, since my flight at 9pm the day after. I thought to do late check out. The hotel didn't provide number to called the lobby, so I called from my mobile instead. And from the staff she said she doesn't have any room available for tomorrow, all was fully booked and I must check out tomorrow.

And the day after, I tried my luck again & called the lobby to asked whether I could do late check out, and the guy staff said I could do it ! I was surprise since the day before the other staff insisted I couldn't stay since it was fully booked. And the guy said his colleagues didn't know I stayed at premium room and I could do late check out at 6 pm (his colleague that I asked the day before said if I wanted to do late check out, I must check out at 5 pm) ! Very nice ! Too bad, I couldn't remember his name.

And I didn't know that if I did late check out, the hotel won't clean my room. So when I came back from Dam Square I still found out my room was messy. And I asked the lobby staff to gave me new towels. I need to wait for 30 minutes but all the housekeeping person never came, so I called the lobby again and within 10 minutes, I got 5 new towels ! So nice !

Will consider to stay at this hotel again. But overall, I really enjoy stay at this hotel.