“Brilliant”

Ranked #99 of 328 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

Thank you for such a wonderful time at your place. perfect hosts and perfect accommodation. clean, welcoming, relaxed, excellent location. both Goran and Johnny were brilliant and were so friendly and helpful. two extremely charming and talented hosts/owners/people. we had such a great time in Amsterdam and hopefully if I ever go back, even if I am really rich and I will still stay at Kuwadro. i thought it would be weird having other people sharing kitchen and toilet, but it really wasn't. The other guests were just as relaxed so it felt comfortable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank bubblomagic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

A great place to stay at at a reasonable price having in mind that it is in the very heart of Amsterdam. Clean and fresh, very well organized, quiet despite the hustle and bustle of the busy area. Great service from the hosts, especially Goran that gave us a warm welcome and recommendations of places and restaurants to visit. It really felt at home. Perfect location for both short and longer visits since there is a kitchen that you can use furnished with all you need. If you are interested in art you can also have a look at the paintings along the walls, made by Goran.
We highly recommend Kuwadro Bed & Breakfast!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Yordanka Y
Cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

This place is fantastic!!! It is basically a top floor flat that the guys have transformed into a little business. It would be great to go with a bunch of friends and rent out both rooms between you.

Myself and my boyfriend went Friday - Monday and were kindly greeted by Goran who gave us a great introduction to the city. He provided us with maps and brochures and suggestions of what to do over the weekend. He is a super friendly guy!!

The breakfast is the best part - the cupboards and fridge are stocked with all sorts so you can basically make what your heart desires - cheese, eggs, meats, cereals, juices, proper coffee :)

Situation - couldn't ask for anything better - granted the reviews about the loudness is very true. Because you are on the busy street it doesn't tend to quieten down on the weekend until about 4am. But lets be honest we weren't exactly going to bed early and personally I just conked out when I hit the pillow so it didn't bother me - my boyfriend used the ear plugs which they supply for all those who stay :)

The flat itself is great - everyone refers to it as a 'home from home' which it truly is. I think the guys have done a great job in setting it all up!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Polly W
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

Right in the thick of it all, Kuwadro is an excellent option for when visiting Amsterdam; fantastic location and great value for money. The partment truly felt like a boutique establishment and the facilities are second to none. Goran gave us a warm welcome and shared his insider knowledge of the city, which made mine and my husband's trip to Amsterdam even better. We're looking forward to visiting again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrsBrown_82
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

We're just back from a a month long trek around Turkey but we began our trip with three nights at the Kuwadro. I can't say enough good things about this place ( but I will try ).

First of all, Goran was a wonderful host and very helpful indeed. Even though the property was fully booked when I first enquired he contacted me when an opening became available. Upon arrival he helped our party of four to schlep our bags up the many stairs, made us some much needed coffee and patiently answered all our questions about Amsterdam. He was even able to recommend a wonderful place for our Indonesian Ristafel dinner.

As well as the great location, comfortable beds and helpful host, a highlight for me was having access to a really cool and easy to operate espresso maker. Those coffee addicts among you will appreciate being able to concoct your own expresso, latte beverages immediately upon rising. Another very helpful feature was an on-site laptop computer which allowed us to confirm plane tickets etc on line without having to seek out an internet cafe. Very thoughtful details indeed.

A very good self serve breakfast was provided each morning and Goran kept us well stocked with fresh bread, cheese, fruit and juices ( did I mention the espresso maker ).

I really have nothing negative to say about Kuwadro but do be aware it is in the heart of the red-light district and therefore potentially noisy until fairly late at night. If you are a light sleeper or an early to bed type, bring ear plugs ( I didn't need them myself ). And of course there is the price. Kuwadro is not cheap but nothing in Amsterdam is. It's better, in my opinion to spend the few extra dollars and enjoy spotlessly clean, quality accomodations in a great central location. Thanks again Goran !

Joe, Eleanor, Nick and Julie ( from Vancouver, BC, Canada)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joseph B
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

I was lucky to book two short nights at Kuwadro B&B in the heart of Dam Central Amsterdam as the city was pretty much sold out this past weekend for conferences.

Owners/hosts Johnny and Goran have created a chic, modern yet comfortable home away from home for their guests. The apartment has two full-size bedrooms at opposite ends and a lovely shared kitchen. Like most Americans, I'm not very accustomed to a shared situation (WC, shower, kitchen, etc.) but this set up is ideal and doesn't feel anything like a share. I met my 'roommates' (two girls from Italy) but our schedules were so different we rarely saw each other. The kitchen was amazingly stocked with a Nespresso machine, selection of teas, fruits, and breakfast options. There is plenty of space to store and cook your own meals if you want.

The location is in the heart of Dam Central on the fringe (aka two doors down) from the infamous Red Light District. This made for a raucous and rowdy experience 24/7, as the RLD draws crowds from around the word around the clock. The only downside is when you want to sleep. Even with ear plugs (used since my years in NYC), I could hear the crowds well into the wee hours of the mornings in my front room which faced Warmoesstraat. Thus I would recommend requesting the back room which may be a bit quieter. If sleep is not important, then this front room is everything for which you could ask! Stylish, chic and well-appointed.

Johnny was delightful and charming and offered up great information about what to see and visit during my 36-hour stay in Amsterdam. My only regret is not having more time.

Johnny and Goran are very honest in their suggestion to pack light as the apartment is on the top floor of a walk-up building shared with the Winston Hotel. The top two flights of stairs are very steep and very narrow. I managed OK with a 22" suitcase, backpack and small tote but anything more/larger would have been problematic as solo traveler.

All in all Kuwadro B&B is lovely and lively and I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Request the back room if you are a light sleeper.