“Loved Kuwadro, great BnB, wonderful hospitality.”

Kuwadro B&B Amsterdam Centrum
Ranked #109 of 341 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 9, 2011

My friend and I stayed for 3 nights having read so many great reviews on TA.

We really liked the flat, very well decorated and spacious. We had the front room overlooking the street from the 4th floor (sometimes noisy as Dirty Nelly's pub is below but fine with the windows closed) which was large and spacious, well decorated with a very comfortable bed.

We shared the kitchen and bathroom with other guests but actually never saw them as our schedules differed. Breakfast was terrific as was the coffee machine.

Goran was a wonderfully hospitable host, very helpful and welcoming, and happy to provide any tips and advice.

The location is great, very central to walk from the station as well as to all the sights. It is a lively neighbourhood which may not suit some tastes but that is avoidable if you don't want to see the red light district etc.

My only hesitation for even bringing my 70+ year old mother here would be the staircase - 4 steep flights, but good exercise! Would definitely recommend Kuwardo.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank gingerSW

Reviewed June 29, 2011

This B & B was awsome! Goran and Johnny were so great too us! They made sure we were comfortable and happy! The place was so nice and clean. My partner and I stayed in the back bedroom overlooking the red-light district! The view was great and the padio was icing on top of the cake! The house was stocked with great breakfast foods, including fruit and different selections of coffee and teas. Goran came by daily to clean and gave us great tips on what to do in Amsterdam! Ranging between where to eat and places to go! Overall, the next time we are in Amsterdam we will be stay here again! Thanks so much Goran and Johnny!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank JCAmstelAtl
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights with a friend and we had a wonderful time. It's situated just North of Dam Square and an 8 minute walk from the Central Station (even towing a suitcase).

We stayed in the room overlooking the main street, which is noisy in the evenings, but I wanted city centre - so that's to be expected (earplugs are supplied if needed!). However, with the window closed I slept like a dream. My friend says she woke a couple of times in the night. The other guest room was occupied, but is at the rear of the building with a small roof terrace, which I didn't see. The stairs are quite something - it's a typical Dutch town house and they seem to twist and turn whilst you continue up to the roof almost. So, if you're not able to do stairs at home - Amsterdam isn't the place to learn. No elevators here.

We had the pleasure of being met by one of the owners, Goran. After helping us up the stairs with my traveling companions rather over-ample bag; he showed us round the place and gave a friendly welcome to Amsterdam. Even showing us how to operate the rather excellent coffee machine... There's free wi-fi in the apartment and all the facilities you'd expect of a B&B. You help yourself to breakfast in the morning at a time to suit yourself.

Note that the bathroom and shower are shared between the two guest rooms. They are not en suite. But we didn't find it a problem during our stay. There is a great shower in a wet room. The toilet is separate. All the facilities were modern, clean and working during my stay and I expect they always are, as Goran seems very proud of his apartment and ensuring his guests enjoy their stay.

This is a modern apartment, at the top of a building in central (very lively) Amsterdam. If you want a city break with all the privacy of a flat/apartment (very suited to a family booking out the entire apartment) you'll love it here. But if you are laden with luggage, struggle with stairs, or have very young (unsteady on stairs) children you may not find it suited to your needs. Take a look at their website ( www. kuwadro.nl ) for accurate photos and booking information. Both the owners speak English and Dutch and my email was answered promptly when I booked.

I would stay here again when I next visit Amsterdam.

Enjoy Amsterdam!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank liam_kenny
Reviewed June 23, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Kuwadro B&B for our stay in Amsterdam. Johnny and Goran were very welcoming and super helpful with tips for places to visit, directions and so on. The room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was especially good - we slept very well each night on that bed!! The street is noisy at night and so if you have a hard time sleeping with noise that could be a problem (Warmoesstraat is a very active street untill the wee hours of the morning). We did not find it to be a problem for us - as I said the bed was fantastic and we both used earplugs to sleep. I loved being so close to Central Station and Dam Square. We were able to walk pretty much everywhere we wanted to go - although one day we did use the tram which was very easy. Each day we had an excellent breakfast at the flat - which was included in our stay - we had access to a small refrigerater, stovetop, etc. The bathroom facilities were also very clean and the shower had nice hot water with good pressure. We were able to come and go as we pleased as we had 24 hour access to the room. We did share the kitchen and bathroom facilities with two other couples during our stay (there are two bedrooms in the flat). This was also easy to deal with for us and actually quite nice to meet new people. If someone wanted complete privacy - this probably wouldn't suit your needs. Overall, my husband and I would highly recommend this B&B and would definitely stay here again - Goran and Johnny were definitelly a big part of making our stay in Amsterdam enjoyable and memorable. Thank you!!!

Room Tip: Warmoesstraat side room is the noisier of the two
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2011

my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The breakfast was fantastic - fresh espresso included! The only downfall was the shared bathroom/toilet, however for short stays this wasn't a problem for us. There is a fair bit of street noise at night, however the guys provide earplugs - we had no problems sleeping.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kellyzev
Reviewed April 25, 2011

It was my first visit to amsterdam, and having left everything to the last minute, I was incredibly lucky that Kwadro had a vacancy for the two nights my friend and I were there. I was greeted by Goran, who was all smiles and loveliness and walked me through everything in the flat - which is modern, minimalist yet very homely and inviting. He also gave great recommendations about amsterdam, such as what to see, how to see it and where to eat. He seemed to genuinly care that I had a good experience not just in the b&b but in amsterdam overall, which I really appreciate. The room was great with a lovely terrace and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was also very generous! I indulged on scrambled eggs on toast with a an espresso my first morning. I believe my friend and I probably spent too much time hovering in the flat than exploring the city! Highly recommended and will definitely stay there on my next stay. Many many thanks.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank colettelinzi
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Me and my fiance stayed at the Kuwadro for a long weekend after reading the reviews in trip advisor. Unfortunately we did not meet Johnny but Goran was there to great us and was a fountain of knowledge showing us on a map all the places to visit which was extremely useful as this was my first trip to Amsterdam. The B and B is about a 10 minute walk from central station and a 3 minute walk from the nearest tram stop and 4 minute walk to Dam square. This B and B is very central and you could not ask for a better loaction. The B and B is essentailly an apartment with 2 bedrooms, a shared bathroom and a shared kitchen. The place is very well equiped and the owners have thought of everything even leaving out spare contact lens solution and cases, tootbrushes and shower gel etc should you have forgotten yours (my fiance forgot his toothbrush so this was very handy). You can tell a lot of thought has gone into what guests needs and wants are and there is even a laptop you can use with wirless internet. I always think it's these little touches that make a good stay.

The B and B is quite near the red light area so is not for the faint hearted as when you leave you are surounded by sex shops etc but I saw this as part of the charm of Amsterdam and the area is certainly not seedy if anything quite touristy. Breakfast is self service which is nice as you can eat at any time.

I would highly reccommend this place. If I had to be really really picky I would say don't stay here is you are not happy sharing the apartment with another set of guests you do not know as you will have to share the bathroom, but on the other hand you get to meet other people and would be great for 2 couples who know each other. Also the apartment is on the top floor of a tall town house so don't stay here if you have problems with stairs. Also there is church nearby where the bell rings every hour and their is no wardrobe but I mean this is being really really picky.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple