“Very accommodating!”

Bayan Bed n Breakfast
Ranked #47 of 337 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Arrived the same day I booked the room. Their smallest room is still spacious. Overall, I enjoyed my stay there!

The guest house is owned by a nice filipino family. They're very friendly and they offered tips about the city.

Bayan is accessible via the tram, just have to walk around 200 m to get to the station.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Gabriel.Pavico
There are newer reviews for Bayan Bed n Breakfast

Reviewed November 24, 2012

This was my first stop during my 58 days in Europe. The BnB is well located, just off the tram line. The hosts are wonderful. The breakfast is excellent. The room is basic, but clean. The bathroom is small, but works. The stairs are very steep, as others have noted. If this is a problem for you, avoid this BnB. I will attempt to attach a picture of the stairs. In summary, I was pleased and would return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ichabod777
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My son and I spent 4 nights at the Bayan B&B and enjoyed our stay. First, I deliberately looked for a B&B because I know that most EU hotels have small rooms and are very expensive. Basically, everywhere in Amsterdam is very expensive, so in comparison, it had a reasonable rate (€ 99/night). What I felt was an advantage over a hotel was a spacious, comfortable room with a renovated bathroom. Here are the main points:

- Location was excellent, on the edge of the Jordaan area which is generally more quiet, quaint and charming than other areas. (So glad we stayed in this area after seeing the Central Amsterdam area, mayhem!). This B&B was in walking distance to the Anne Frank House.

- ROOM: The room was spacious, we had room to walk around. Nice furniture & decor. Nice amentities. Bathroom was clean and also spacious. The building is old, as most are in historic Amsterdam, but the owners made renovations. I.E. nice, clean shower, & plumbing fixtures. **Bed is comfortable, firm.

- BREAKFAST: Breakfast was served in our room and was always fresh and plentiful. Eggs, bacon, soft bread w/jams, yogurt, coffee & OJ. The quality far exceeds that of hotel breakfasts, speaking from experience. ***Vicky even provided a lovely cold breakfast in our room the night before our pre-dawn departure.

- SERVICE: Vicky is a gracious, accommodating host and truly makes this B&B special. She is quick to fulfill any needs, but also makes sure you feel you have privacy. ***As we entered the building, Vicky greeted us immediately and effortlessly whisked our very heavy luggage up the steep stairs -- quite impressive.

I felt this property had no real drawbacks. But there are a few points that some might not prefer. That is:

- Steep Stairs: This did not bother us since we know it is common in these historic buildings. But for those who have physical limitations, any B&B in an old building will have this.

- This B&B is located above a small takeout restaurant. Again, this did not bother us since the place below was quiet, not much business happens there. Not a drawback for us, but maybe to some.

- Cash Only: This is the only thing that I wish were different. It is a little inconvenient to travel with a large amount of cash to pay for the room in addition to spending money.

Overall, we enjoyed the privacy, space, comfort and service.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MrsGladiator
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My wife and me spent three nights at Bayan B&B.
All I can write it’s just a confirmation of the previous reviews I read before choosing this B&B.
Vicky runs this place with care, professionalism and passion. She can also help you with good suggestions about how to spend and save time in Amsterdam.
The room was clean, nice and big enough, and the bathroom too. The breakfast huge and different every morning. Wi-fi is included.
The place (located in the historic Jordaan district) is convenient to be reached from the Central station (three tram stops or 7-8 euro by taxi if you have too many luggage) and also close to all the most interesting spots of the city (Anna Frank’s house in 3 minutes walking, the Dam 10 minutes)
Additonal suggestions: try the sandwiches in the coffee bar very close to bayan, just on the right when you go out from the main door, right after the Italian restaurant. Amazing!
We will for sure suggest this B&B to any friend who will visit Amsterdam and we hope to come back again.
Vicky you are doing a great job, keep going like this!!
Riccardo & Linda

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Riccardo_Linda
Reviewed July 24, 2012

My mom, sister, daughter and I stayed in the two top floor rooms. Our three night stay with Vicky at Bayan Bed and Breakfast was fabulous from the minute we got there. She was always ready with helpful suggestions and each morning adjusted breakfast time to meet our busy schedule. When we had to leave at 5 AM for an early flight, breakfast was brought up to our room the night before so that we could eat on the go. We enjoyed talking with Vicky and her lovely boys in the mornings and found the location so convienent to the must see sigts (a five minute or less walk to the Anne Franke House, canal tours), and about a ten minute walk to the square and all it has to offer. We would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone who wants location and hospitality. Thanks Vicky! Tina Giesbrecht, Canada

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Christina G
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We had a wonderful stay with Vicky and her family at this B&B. Our room was quite large and very clean, with a nice bathroom and shower. Vicky was so nice to us and went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and comfortable, especially our 2-year-old daughter. We had a nice time chatting with her each morning and whenever we came back and she was around. And her husband, Danny, even took us to the airport on our last day, which was so helpful with a toddler and lots of luggage. We look forward to coming back to Amsterdam and spending time at Bayan Guesthouse again. I would recommend this place to anyone except those with a disability, because of the steep stairs. But she even helped us carry up our luggage (and our toddler, the first day)!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank toniza_1
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Vicky and her family are absolutely wonderful people! Located five min. from the Anne Frank house and not even a ten min. walk to central Amsterdam, this is a beutifully located B&B. There are a lot of little shops and restaurants in the immediate area, and of course the cannals. With the exceptional hospitality that Vicky and her family showed our family we would not hesitate to stay there again. We had an amazing dinner with them and hope they call on us if they ever come to Canada.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family