“Promising atmosphere and menu...”
Review of George W.P.A

George W.P.A
Reserve a Table
Today
8:00 PM
Ranked #3,500 of 4,896 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Reviewed May 30, 2019 via mobile

... but the waiting time, wrong dish served and taste of food did not pull through

On the positive side, selection of wine, decor and “French Atmosphere Attitude” is impeccable! The food menu as well...

We were almost the first guests for lunch and still we waited +50 minutes for the food. We ordered a Club Sandwich and a Croque Madamme... we got the Club, and a Croque Monsieur and fries

However, the red wine was offered chilled or room temperature which was nice

The atmosphere takes it a long way. Order a glass of great wine and fries and consider it a nice pit stop in a charming area.

Date of visit: May 2019
UMH G, Guest Relations Manager at George W.P.A, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and we regret you had to wait too long for lunch. This should not have happened and apologize for this. Luckily, the wine was good and I understand from your review you had a nice time. Hope the next time you are in Amsterdam you will still consider us.

Reviewed April 30, 2019 via mobile

For whatever reason I’m not a big fan of the George restaurants in Amsterdam. Maybe because it is always crowded and the service and food just about okay.

But I recently went, was on kings day and I didn’t have much choice, and had a grilled whole sea bass and I must admit it was just excellent.

I can only be fair in this case and post this review. So go for the sea bass would be my advice.

1  Thank ferencel
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

Had dinner at George WPA tonight with two friends. The food itself was ok, the restaurant interior was really nice, but the service was incredibly poor. The girls in service behaved like they had never worked a day in any service profession; not paying attention, dropping and spilling on us without apologizing and never checking in. Not even a busy night. Real crap!

Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

Food is not pretentious, just delicious, good product, simple and well done. If you are in the neighborhood Always my first choice, but keep in mind the service is slow, so be patient. If you are in a hurry... not the best choice then.

Reviewed April 4, 2019 via mobile

It’s at nice spot and located at the corner corner of nice district but the servers are really arrogant and snobby.
I have been here several times and every time I hope for better but nothing seems to change.
They need to change their attitude better there service and remember they in the service industry. They really need to learn to be less bitchy all around.