“Nice service and atmosphere”
Review of George W. P. A

George W. P. A
Reserve with
George W. P. A is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,126 of 4,223 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Reviewed September 10, 2012

This was very convenient to the park and has outdoor seating. Good steak and frites. A polite service and a nice, unfussy atmosphere. We would come here again.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have been spending a lot of time this year in Amsterdam for work and had visited this restaurant previously and the experience was not so bad.
The second time I wanted to take my husband as the restaurant is situated in a beautiful area of the city and has a nice feel about it. It obviously has a good reputation as two of my dutch colleagues also recommended it.
The service was awful, the waitress we were unlucky enough to be stuck with didn't have a clue, she practically ignored us the whole night apart from when I tried to get her attention she would smile and walk away. It took us 30 minutes to get a bottle of wine (we managed to order it after waiting for 10-15 minutes before she even came near us), the food took even longer. It made matters worse that we were sitting next to the kitchen so I could see my starter sitting there for 20 minutes before the other one was ready. The main was ok but again took a long time to come and then after we had to ask her for dessert menus. Once we were ready to order desserts, I tried to get her attention at the same time a dutch family opposite us asked her something, she just looked at me and strugged her shoulders and went to them. Fine I thought, she will come to us afterwards, knowing that we were waiting. Oh no, she spent about 5 minutes laughing and joking with them about something and disappeared. After waiting another 15 minutes we gave up on dessert and anyway we still had the dishes from our main course sitting in front of us.
This restaurant does not deserve it's good reputation!

1  Thank Nicola S
Reviewed September 1, 2012 via mobile

Saw quite a number of empty tables (both inside and outside) but waiter told us that they are full for the night! (interesting!). Thus we did not get the chance to try the food there.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Ate here twice, didn't want to go anywhere else after I tasted their french toast. My boyfriend had scrambled eggs and smoked salmon and it was equally as delicious but as we were on holidays I treated myself to the bad stuff. French toast with cinammon, all I can say is YOU MUST TRY IT!

Reviewed August 21, 2012

situated in a quiet residential area close to Vondel Park this restaurant is popular with locals (a good sign of its quality) and this creates a freindly, welcoming ambience